Bournemouth Uni, what's the area like? Watch

patrick.croft
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys, so I've plucked up the courage and decided i want to move far away from my hometown, I currently live in Wirral which is over the water from Liverpool and to be honest im bored of the area and bored of all the people and i really want a massive change of scenery. So ive been planning on for a few months now that i want to move to Bournemouth, and study Paramedic Science at Bournemouth University.
Im just wondering if anybody is currently living and studying in Bournemouth? how do you guys like it down there?, what are the people like? what areas are great to visit? is the nightlife good down there? did you find it easy to make new friends? and has anybody had a similar experience and moved from far away and how are you coping?
I'm hoping to visit Bournemouth but it wont be until well after the new year and i would have already applied by then,
thanks.
smd4std
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
really good apparently

wouldn't say the uni is great though
patrick.croft
Rep:
?
My dreams have been crushed, i havent been accepted to join Bournemouth University
lipslikemorphine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by patrick.croft)
My dreams have been crushed, i havent been accepted to join Bournemouth University
I'm sorry. :console:

(it doesn't seem as if i'm going to be accepted either if the emails they've sent me are anything to go by)

Did you apply elsewhere though?
patrick.croft
Rep:
?
(Original post by lipslikemorphine)
I'm sorry. :console:

(it doesn't seem as if i'm going to be accepted either if the emails they've sent me are anything to go by)

Did you apply elsewhere though?
Thank you,
They seem to be very picky, apparently my Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science didn't cover enough Biology to meet the requirements.

Im sure you will get in! what have you applied for?

And i havent applied through UCAS yet, ive only been in touch with Bournemouth, so on a plus side i have an extra option to put in when i finish my UCAS application
lipslikemorphine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by patrick.croft)
Thank you,
They seem to be very picky, apparently my Level 3 Diploma in Medical Science didn't cover enough Biology to meet the requirements.

Im sure you will get in! what have you applied for?

And i havent applied through UCAS yet, ive only been in touch with Bournemouth, so on a plus side i have an extra option to put in when i finish my UCAS application
Well its good you did your research before applying now you no not to apply and can save it for somewhere else.

Marketing Communications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Design & Engineering Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19

How has 2019 been so far?