Can you become a competitive runner at 16? Watch

staticas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I keep seeing girls that run, and statuses/tweets about how they came 3rd in the UK and etc. and I honestly think "that could be me", I ran a lot of cross country in primary and realised I was great at sprinting. I joined a club and did athletics for about a month but then I got bored and didn't like the people so I quit.

I was about 12/13 when I stopped running, so I'm probably not as good anymore. I'm now 15 (16 in May) and I want to start running again. I have a reasonably fast metabolism, I eat a hell of a lot and it doesn't pack on as much as I'd expect, I'm 5"6 and 130lbs. I don't want to just run and get nowhere.. I want to be a competitive runner (like the girls I mentioned), as I think that would be the only way to motivate myself, in getting to that point then maintaining it.

So is it possible to become a competitive runner even if you haven't trained a lot of your life? I'd like to be competitive by the time I'm in university so I could join some sort of society and run in competitions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lucas13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yes of course, a lot of it is about technique but you could easily build your fitness up in 6 months ish
Howisha94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, I was running in competitive events from the age of 14, you just gotta find a club to train with and enter comps

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.02%
The paper was reasonable (389)
42.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.21%

Watched Threads