Hey there Watch

SonyTwan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
19 year old from Nottinghamshire here, thought I'd sign up to TSR for some advice as I'm considering taking some new A-Levels and further education. I have bowel disease (Ulcerative Colitis) and at the moment, some kind of undiagnosed wrist problem.

I didn't do particularly great in my A-Levels (3 D's and a C), although I managed to get an E in my English Language coursework but then get an A in the exam. I'm considering going to West Notts College to take Law and Psychology, problem is, I don't have much of an idea if it'll interest me or not. I'm sure we've all had an ambition for a subject only to find it dull and tedious. So does anyone have any idea where I can find out about the subjects and read about topics involved in them? I've took a look out the TSR wiki and exam board websites, but those hardly go into much detail. Perhaps someone in either of those subjects could give me their perspective?

This year hasn't been the greatest one due to my BD, mainly been stuck inside, so I'm hoping to become more social, exercise regularly, and further my education. With any luck they'll have lowered the tuition fees by the time I'm ready for university but that's sheer optimism.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Welcome to TSR. There are various sections to the forum which might be able to give you advice. You might want to look at these sections for law and psychology :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=225
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=211

if you have any specific questions about the subject, these would be the best places for you to pose them I should imagine.
SonyTwan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks, I discovered those last night and posted a thread in each of them, yet to receive a response however.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.55%
The paper was reasonable (403)
45.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise