Considering taking Law at A-Level Watch

SonyTwan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm a 19 year old from Nottinghamshire, at the end of my previous A-Levels I came out with 3 D's and a C, due to disinterest and primarily me being lazy. I was retaking English Language and Business but then came down with Bowel Disease which made it hard for me to attend, so I dropped out.

Now I'm starting to improve medically (despite currently having an undiagnosed wrist problem), I'd like to try out some new things and consider further education. Would people mind telling me about their experience with Law and if they enjoy it or not?

(It doesn't say in the forum description this is for discussion, but I can't see anywhere else to post this, plus the Psychology forum is the same but includes discussion.)
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Like all subjects, there are some interesting topics and some not so interesting. I am studying Law at A2. A-level Law has a huge workload and you have to start revising early on
beingawallflower
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
From my experience I would say definitely I took it as a last subject that fit in with my other A levels but I enjoyed it so much that I want to do a law degree now! I work so much harder in Law just because it is interesting and if you are willing to put the time and effort in then it will pay off hope this helps and good luck in the future whatever you decide
RossSimmons
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its hard work but all worth it in the end! It is vital you take on the subject only if you are passionate, interested in it, eager to learn it, have lots of free time that you can allocate to your studies, and you are serious about it. Law isn't a fun and exciting course that's laid back, it is a discipline, and candidates require self-discipline.

You should definitely look in to it first before you decide to take it on. Personally I enjoy it because I like working hard and I am interested in the content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?