This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi!

am panicking coz i've just come out of edexcel maths paper 2 higher and it was so hard! did anyone else think it was? i managed the first half of it but the end questions were impossible! please let me know what u all think.

thanks!

kate
tomlegge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That was the hardest Maths paper I have ever taken, including one where the A* boundary was 69%. All 140 people in my year at school found it exceptionally difficult. Don't worry honestly!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
this sounds terrible but i'm so glad u found it hard 2!! i feel much better now! could u do any of the last questions? thanks for replying.

kate :-)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
the last question was quite easy, there were some hard questions in there but in general me and my friends thought it was comparitively easy... just gotta read around the difficult way the questions are worded.
tomlegge
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nah, not really, especially the last question on that weird graph. I think I got the line CX (around 7.8cm iirc) though on that other hard question, which most people didn't seem to get.

Powers were 2^-1 and 2^6

didnt really prove the odd number thing

£6500 for car

pencil wouldnt fit cos of pythagoras

probabilities were 1/36 and 11/36 i think

power question a) xy

on trapezium question, x=12.316 (didnt know how to do it wiv area so did trial +improvement)

median was in 150-200 category

length on proportional triangles were 8cm and ???4.8cm???

got 1300 as another answer sumwhere

and apparently lsat question c) was 50

Hope This Helps
Kate anne
Report 16 years ago
thanks a lot! that's really helpful. u seem 2 have done so well! well done! i got quite a few of the same answers as u but have realised loads of stupid mistakes i made 2. oh well. will just have 2 wait till the dreaded august 21st is it?

kate
NeuroticSurgeon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by tomlegge
nah, not really, especially the last question on that weird graph. I think I got the line CX (around 7.8cm iirc) though on that other hard question, which most people didn't seem to get.

didnt really prove the odd number thing

£6500 for car

pencil wouldnt fit cos of pythagoras

probabilities were 1/36 and 11/36 i think

power question a) xy

on trapezium question, x=12.316 (didnt know how to do it wiv area so did trial +improvement)

median was in 150-200 category

length on proportional triangles were 8cm and ???4.8cm???

got 1300 as another answer sumwhere

The odd number thing was something like 4n squared + 8n + 5

The 4n and 8n show that it's a multiple of 8. I have no idea whether I messed up on the 5 bit.

I got the trapezium around 12 as well, the power q a) was definitely xy, the pencil and the car is right.

Could anyone do that cy question? I think I got around 7 for that...not sure. Wasn't it using cosine rule, then sin rule and then trigonometry?
tomlegge
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you mean cx, not cy the answer was i think 7.8 or so
NeuroticSurgeon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I meant cx...not cy :-p. And I think that was it... can't remember.

All I remember was I did cosine, sin and then trig... must've been correct - it seemed logical at the time. And then everyone was like OMG that question was SO hard...so then I thought I got it wrong :/
Kate anne
Report 16 years ago
yeh i got 7.8.... as well. it was such a long question though considering it was worth 2 or 3 marks. at least it must be right if we all got the same answer.
NeuroticSurgeon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm pretty sure it was a 4 mark question :s.... I thought it was 5 marks at first though. The last page was so pointless though - 3 marks for all that!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i didn't find the paper too hard...but the last 5 questions or so were beyond stupid i wouldn't stress too much though because the non-calc paper was easy enough to weigh out the D+ im going to get in the calculator paper
By the way did anybody have their additional maths exam this morning? Some of the questions in that were easier than the calculator paper for edexcel maths which should give you some idea as to how much they have to lower the grade boundaries...
tomlegge
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did admaths this morning. any ideas about grade boundaries. i found it not too bad.

tom
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads