73.79%
i am male and i think women are (6)
4.14%
mimi112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i am talking about regular people, not comedians. i think men are : they are more laid back, much more likely to laugh at themselves and less politically correct. women , on avg, take everything too seriously, always have their shields up, find too many things offensive and everything is personal too them.

on top of that, guys need to be funny to get women. women just need to sit and look moderately hot then wait for all the offers. much like a job interview where the potential employee has to ''perform'' and show his worth.
inspire2aspire
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Men, it just is.
MostUncivilised
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Men, obviously. It's an evolutionary adaptation; to get a woman into bed, you need to make her laugh.

Christopher Hitchens wrote an article on this

Why Women aren't funny
Mackay
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think men are funnier because they try to be.

I don't know any women who pride themselves on "being funny". My girl mates are kind, sociable, approachable and loving...but none of them would attest to being funny.

Yet, when you ask women what they want from a man...what do they say? "Good sense of humour". What do men want from women? "Nice tits".
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Men. I don't find any 'comedians' actually funny, but the women ones are even less funny than the men.

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Mackay)
Yet, when you ask women what they want from a man...what do they say? "Good sense of humour". What do men want from women? "Nice tits".
Another example of how men value looks in their partner far more than women do.
kopi, ffs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In my experience, men are funnier on average, but the funniest women are funnier than the funniest men. Probably because many women don't try, and maybe partly also because being the "funny person" in a group isn't ladylike... I know loads of girls who hold back their hilarious thoughts because of their tawdriness, the "unattractiveness" of raucous, all-out guffawing, and such.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
QI also proved that men are funnier on average.
Freier._.lance
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kopi, ffs)
In my experience, men are funnier on average, but the funniest women are funnier than the funniest men. Probably because many women don't try, and maybe partly also because being the "funny person" in a group isn't ladylike... I know loads of girls who hold back their hilarious thoughts because of their tawdriness, the "unattractiveness" of raucous, all-out guffawing, and such.
Highly debatable.
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think either gender is funnier than the other. Men are more likely to be noticed for being funny because are more likely to be comfortable being at the centre of attention. Boys are expected to be loud and dominating as children whereas girls are expected to sit and play with dolls quietly so that plays a large part in how we act in later life. It tends to be boys who are then the class clowns at school, and these are the type of people who get recognised for being funny, and are encouraged to continue this behaviour through the feedback they get. The quiet girl making jokes to her friends is not going to be seen as funny to most people just because they don't know her. That's the only reason why men are seen as funnier.
Snagprophet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kopi, ffs)
Seeing how no-one's funnier than Roy Chubby Brown, I highly doubt that.
Kiss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Women.

Spoiler:
Show
To LOOK AT! :awesome:
ArtGoblin
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Snagprophet)
Seeing how no-one's funnier than Roy Chubby Brown, I highly doubt that.
OP, you're right - men are hilarious. :lol:
doggyfizzel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I discount the number of female comedians where they make themselves the joke, ie looks how fat I am, look how crap my marriage is, there are actually very few I find funny. I don't know if its a social thing but women's comedy seems to be limited to the very fluffy stuff, rather than shocking or just witty. I don't think its a childhood thing, many comedians have quite awkward upbringings and often used comedy to build confidence and such.
Swanbow
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Men. However it makes women the underdog, so when they come out with a particularly funny comment or joke it has more of an impact as you weren't expecting it.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Very few women are funny. I have not seen a female comedian who I actually found amusing, not even one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Solemn Rain
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What if you're not funny at all?
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
men
EllieC130
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Much as I don't like to admit it men are funnier. Not to say I'm not funnier than some guys but generally speaking.
mimi112
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
wow 32-0 for men. not even the mandatory appearance of the local social engineer managed to dampen the spirits.
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know more funnier women than men! The guys I've known who think of themselves as funny are incredibly immature and have a childish sense of humour and try waaay to hard. I barely know any guys with a decent sense of humour. Women, however, yes. I know plenty who never fail to make me laugh.

So on average men may be funnier, but not in my experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads