Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am applying for uni this September as a mature student but I have previously spent just over a year at uni previously, so I have had 2 years of student finance.

Am I correct in thinking that for the 3 year course I am applying for now, I will only get 2 years of any kind of grant or loan? I only ask as I have been told that the maintenance grant may be available, but not the tuition fee loan, but I was under the impression that nothing would be available for my first year.

If you could confirm if there is likely to be anything available for my first year I would be very grateful. Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

All applicants are assessed based on previous study.

All students are eligible for the length of their course , plus one gift year minus years previous support.

Your calculation is as follows

3 + 1 = 4 - 2 = 2 years full support.

In your first year you will be eligible for maintenance loan and possible supplementary grants.

Do you have any compelling personal reasons for not completing your original course, if so you may be eligible to receive a year back.

If you do we would ask you to send evidence of this. This can be in the form of medical evidence or a letter from a personal tutor confirming the reasons why you were unable to complete the course.

Thanks

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.