want to leave but don't think my parents will allow me to Watch

Sapphire123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so i've been planning my gap year and i've found a programme in india that allows me to go there and help teach orphans but i'm not sure if my parents would let me go and i was wondering if anyone could provide me with some suggestions on how to go about asking

Much appreciated
Crimsonyte
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just be honest with your parents! If you're taking a gap year, you will want it to be enjoyable and a learning experience for you! Explain this to your parents, and how happy you would
be with an opportunity to go out and do good for the world! If you're parents are over-protective, they might worry for your safety, in which case, why don't you get some of your friends that
are also taking a gap year to volunteer with you?
Runninground
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sapphire123)
i was wondering if anyone could provide me with some suggestions on how to go about asking

Much appreciated
How about:

"I've been planning my gap year and i've found a programme in india that allows me to go there and help teach orphans, can I go?"
WildeAboutOscar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make sure the programme is relevant to your degree because then you could argue for it. Additionally if you're fully funding this yourself then they will be less inclined to say no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise