I can't forget him Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I met a guy who was compatible with me and ticked all the right boxes. I turned him down for a date the first night I met him as I didn't know him. We got to know each other over time and he decided to get his own back when I told him I liked him as he referred to me initially turning him down. Since then I have spoke to other guys and get lots of interest but I just cannot forget this guy. I don't know what to do.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I met a guy who was compatible with me and ticked all the right boxes. I turned him down for a date the first night I met him as I didn't know him. We got to know each other over time and he decided to get his own back when I told him I liked him as he referred to me initially turning him down. Since then I have spoke to other guys and get lots of interest but I just cannot forget this guy. I don't know what to do.
Have a little time of the day which is just based on thinking about him then as the days go by, make that amount of time smaller and smaller.
FlavaFavourFruit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You'll forget him eventually and he sounds immature anyways
Lotus_Eater
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If he turned you down out of spite then you're better off without him. I don't know how well you subsequently became friendly with him but I suspect you might be projecting a lot of stuff onto him.

I'm not normally one to advocate dating to get over someone but I think this might help you. If you get an offer from a nice sounding guy then go out on the date and who knows what happens. Hopefully this experience has taught you that it's okay to get to know someone whilst dating them. Just because you don't immediately feel a thunderbolt, doesn't mean it can't develop over time. At the very least, dating some other people would refocus your mind on positive, new relationships.
Capn cas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It sounds more like a 'wound' to your pride, than actually the problem of having a guy you cannot forget about. I'd say move on and let go, so what if he got his 'revenge' on you in turning you down- he must be a scornful guy who has simply missed an opportunity with you. Take pride in the attention of others and the 'natural' fact that these guys will be better for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (535)
26.37%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (396)
19.52%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise