US Sutton Trust Programme 2014 Watch

zabthelawstudent
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd set this up to find out what sort of people are applying for this as well as me!

What makes you perfect for this programme?

Thanks
g.k.galloway
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 08zabilowiczc)
Hi Guys,

I thought I'd set this up to find out what sort of people are applying for this as well as me!

Thanks
It's been a while since you posted and nobody has replied so I am giving this thread a bump.
I hope you get a reply soon
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Guys,

Thanks
I'm applying!
Venus fly trap
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm thinking of it! My Mum isn't keen on the idea though, but I think I will apply as you have nothing to lose, and it looks incredible!
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Venus fly trap)
I'm thinking of it! My Mum isn't keen on the idea though, but I think I will apply as you have nothing to lose, and it looks incredible!
Why wouldn't your mum be keen on the idea!?!? :O
Venus fly trap
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why wouldn't your mum be keen on the idea!?!? :O
She's never keen on anything haha! I'm in the middle of applying anyway It would be a dream to get onto the scheme, and then again to apply to an American university! What subject/s are you interested in applying for?
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Venus fly trap)
She's never keen on anything haha! I'm in the middle of applying anyway It would be a dream to get onto the scheme, and then again to apply to an American university! What subject/s are you interested in applying for?
That sounds annoying! Yeah the scheme would be amazing - well he reason I want to look into university in America is because I am unsure of career prospects so the liberal arts degree sounds extremely appealing. Although if America isn't possible then I will probably go into Law.

What A-Levels are you doing? I am doing history, geography, physics and maths.

TashaGonzales123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys! I'm thinking of applying as well...it looks sooooo good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
Finished my application yesterday! Sent off and reference done :-) Now to wait for march..
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
What sort of grades did you guys get?
Smarties19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What grades did u get in ur GCSEs?
US-UK Fulbright Commission
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi All!

If you are interested in the Sutton Trust US Programme, I would suggest watching this webinar. It provides programme information and application tips. https://edusaconnects.adobeconnect.c...&pbMode=normal
Vanjiieeeeeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm applying! My app is finished but i haven't submitted it yet...

(Original post by Smarties19)
What grades did u get in ur GCSEs?
7A*s, 2As and 3Bs
I'm taking English Lit, Geography, Biology and PRE (Philosophy, Religion and Ethics) atm, hoping to do English Lit and Film Production at uni

What about you guys?
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by FuzzingSas)
I'm applying! My app is finished but i haven't submitted it yet...

7A*s, 2As and 3Bs
I'm taking English Lit, Geography, Biology and PRE (Philosophy, Religion and Ethics) atm, hoping to do English Lit and Film Production at uni

What about you guys?
Submitted mine :-) I got 10 A*'s and 4 A's and in taking physics, maths, geography and history for A level

Law or liberal arts in America for me :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Submitted mine :-) I got 10 A*'s and 4 A's and in taking physics, maths, geography and history for A level

Law or liberal arts in America for me :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Law is a post-grad field in the US. The law degrees there are essentially Professional Doctorates, like an MD for a doctor. You would have to get a bachelors, take the LSATs and then apply for JD (Juris Doctor) programmes.

It'd be a better (and a cheaper one) idea to do a bachelors in the Liberal Arts then a conversion course here.
zabthelawstudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Princepieman)
Law is a post-grad field in the US. The law degrees there are essentially Professional Doctorates, like an MD for a doctor. You would have to get a bachelors, take the LSATs and then apply for JD (Juris Doctor) programmes.

It'd be a better (and a cheaper one) idea to do a bachelors in the Liberal Arts then a conversion course here.
Yeah I know it's post grad, that's why if I did to a degree in America I'd do a conversion. I'm just not 100% whether I want to do law and so feel the liberal arts give me more time to do all the subjects I enjoy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
jiji11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
the thing says our deadline is on wednesday but its not letting me submit the application because my teacher hasnt done my reference yet! what do i do!! ive completed my part!!! am i supposed to wait until the 27th of january or what? because the deadline is the 22nd for us students but its not letting me submit!!
Vanjiieeeeeee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jiji11)
the thing says our deadline is on wednesday but its not letting me submit the application because my teacher hasnt done my reference yet! what do i do!! ive completed my part!!! am i supposed to wait until the 27th of january or what? because the deadline is the 22nd for us students but its not letting me submit!!
Have you sent the invite for your teacher to write a reference? Once that's sen it should let you submit your application The first time i tried it didn't work, but you should be able to tell by the ticks and crosses on the side, once they're all ticks you can send it, whether the teacher has written the reference or not!
jiji11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
okay thank you!! i sent it yesterday but its still not allowing me to submit, i guess i'll try again!! thanks so much!! Good luck by the way
studdybuddy101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Finally finished my application! :o:p Good luck everyone x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (7)
41.18%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (4)
23.53%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (2)
11.76%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (1)
5.88%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (3)
17.65%

Watched Threads