Working in River Island. Watch

isaacmorthy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys I've recently got an interview for river island and just wanted to know if anyone could give me some information if you've worked there or know about it or something.

1) What is the pay rate for river island?
2) Do they pay weekly or monthly?
3) What's it like to work for river island?
4) And how is the group interview for river island?

If anyone knew the answers to any of these questions I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbalarr95
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by isaacmorthy)
Hi guys I've recently got an interview for river island and just wanted to know if anyone could give me some information if you've worked there or know about it or something.

1) What is the pay rate for river island?
2) Do they pay weekly or monthly?
3) What's it like to work for river island?
4) And how is the group interview for river island?

If anyone knew the answers to any of these questions I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can only answer the group interview one because I had mine on thursday. We had to go around the group and introduce ourselves, I volunteered to go first which the manager said was good. We were then split into 3 groups. There were 4 people in my group and we had our 1 to 1 interviews first. The interview was easy, he asked questions like 'when have you delivered good customer service?' etc and then about availability.
The next thing my group did was answer questions together and discuss the questions that were on a sheet of paper. They were about customer service. With that one, try to give input but don't be too controlling or over-powering because you need to show you can work in a group.
The last task was to go out onto the shop floor, we were then given a celebrity and had to choose and outfit for them and we had to choose the occasion for them to wear it. I wad Sharon Osborne so just did an xfactor outfit.
That was all it was and it was 1 and a half hours long. I was offered the job yesterday so if I could get it, anyone could! Remember to be confident but not cocky and talk about how the customers come first and you like meeting and talking to new people- that's what I did
isaacmorthy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks very much that should help a lot, anyone know anything about the pay and stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
livvycb
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1) pay is minimum wage
2) we get paid monthly (I believe its the first Friday of the month or around that time)
3) it differs depending on the people you're working with. Where I work the rest of the staff are lovely and there is a real sense of camaraderie. I can't really think of how else to answer this question other than saying it's exactly how you would expect it to be.
That may not be very helpful but discount is really good.
I enjoy my job, although customers can sometimes be rude. That's pretty true of any customer focussed sector. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (222)
22.72%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.12%

Watched Threads