Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was thinking of:
English
Religous Studies
Biology
Psychology

Dad told me i should prob drop RS for economics.Im predicted a B? Done a test im class and got a A* confident in my ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
I was thinking of:
English
Religous Studies
Biology
Psychology

Dad told me i should prob drop RS for economics.Im predicted a B? Done a test im class and got a A* confident in my ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology and psychology sound really good. Id deffinately stick with those.
English literature is a respected subject and would deffinately worth considering.
Id suggest you look into sociology. It is a good subject and would be suited to criminology. I did it at a-level if you ever wanted any advice on it.
MissInvisible
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would suggest that you do Religious Studies (You get to learn a lot about Philosophy & Ethics (for AQA at least) which would be great for studying criminology! )

I'm currently doing it at A2 so I'll gladly give you any advice on it if you want.
NeonV
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
Biology and psychology sound really good. Id deffinately stick with those.
English literature is a respected subject and would deffinately worth considering.
Id suggest you look into sociology. It is a good subject and would be suited to criminology. I did it at a-level if you ever wanted any advice on it.
I would say that the only problem with doing Sociology and Psychology is that it is a lot of essay writing, and my friends that did both subjects did well in one and failed miserably in the other so..

To the OP as long as you do at least one essay-based subject and no 'wishy-washy' subjects you should be alright. I applied for criminology this year and I did Biology (dropped it in A2), English Lit, Psychology and ICT.
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
okay my final list:
Biology
Psychology
Economics
English
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NeonV)
I would say that the only problem with doing Sociology and Psychology is that it is a lot of essay writing, and my friends that did both subjects did well in one and failed miserably in the other so..

To the OP as long as you do at least one essay-based subject and no 'wishy-washy' subjects you should be alright. I applied for criminology this year and I did Biology (dropped it in A2), English Lit, Psychology and ICT.
I know a couple of people who did both as well. They did well in both subjects. I guess it just depends on the person.
Id recommend that the OP look into both subjects and decide if they would want to/would be able to do both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (161)
22.09%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.52%

Watched Threads