The Student Room Group

I have lost faith in 'Love'

I fell in love with a girl and she was my first love and I was blinded so much that I thought we were going to be together forever. Recently we broke up and I honestly believe that it is impossible for me to love anyone again. I may like a girl, go out and have sex etc but I just can't love her, like if she dumps me I honestly am not worried about it. I feel like I have become a weird freak who doesn't want emotions in his relationship because I don't want to put myself in pain again. Can anyone suggest a solution to this, will I ever find love again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I fell in love with a girl and she was my first love and I was blinded so much that I thought we were going to be together forever. Recently we broke up and I honestly believe that it is impossible for me to love anyone again. I may like a girl, go out and have sex etc but I just can't love her, like if she dumps me I honestly am not worried about it. I feel like I have become a weird freak who doesn't want emotions in his relationship because I don't want to put myself in pain again. Can anyone suggest a solution to this, will I ever find love again?

how old are you first of all?
Time, my friend.
Reply 3
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
how old are you first of all?

18, I am mature for my age.
Reply 4
Time heals.

I know you seem mature but you're 18. You've got your life ahead of you so don't be sad if you don't meet that one girl yet. My brother in law was like you but in the end he met my sister and now he's so happy. So there's a girl out there and she's coming towards you but you'll have to wait. xx
Reply 6
I know you seem mature but you're 18. You've got your life ahead of you so don't be sad if you don't meet that one girl yet. My brother in law was like you but in the end he met my sister and now he's so happy. So there's a girl out there and she's coming towards you but you'll have to wait. xx

Yeah I understand, but I don't know why I feel like with my career plan I will not have time to go out and find the 'one'. Day by day I feel like I am going to end up like this for the rest of my life, I might sound like I am exaggerating but it's true.
Reply 7

18 is still too young to lose faith in love. What you are going through now is what happen to everyone when they are young. In the coming years you will fall in love and break up with few more girls, until you feel yourself ready for marriage/long term relationship!
Yeah I understand, but I don't know why I feel like with my career plan I will not have time to go out and find the 'one'. Day by day I feel like I am going to end up like this for the rest of my life, I might sound like I am exaggerating but it's true.

haha you're telling me! I was in a relationship for a long time then when it broke down I thought the same as you. But really, wait because the 'one' will come to you when you least expect it. My brother in law didn't expect a uni student at his workplace to be his future wife but she did :smile:
I know how you feel. You've just got to forget and move on, and one day you will meet someone else who you will love :smile:
Reply 10
haha you're telling me! I was in a relationship for a long time then when it broke down I thought the same as you. But really, wait because the 'one' will come to you when you least expect it. My brother in law didn't expect a uni student at his workplace to be his future wife but she did :smile:

So you mean to say that I should not go out and try to find her but instead I should carry on with life and eventually she will come? Also have you found someone yet?
Pff you're still only 18!
I wouldn't let it get you down so much!
So you mean to say that I should not go out and try to find her but instead I should carry on with life and eventually she will come? Also have you found someone yet?

You try but she'll come. That's all I'm trying to say. And yeah I do.

Yes, and I agree with her.
Reply 14
Life is so much easier when you're asexual.
Reply 15
Original post by Hyde
Life is so much easier when you're asexual.

I guess so, but how does it work?
Reply 16
I guess so, but how does it work?

No worrying over getting the hanky panky - significantly less romantic problems etc. etc.
Reply 17
Time heals all noobs.... I think that's how the saying goes
Like MrsSheldonCoopers says it will just take time and patience realtionships are not something that you can just jump into straight away I mean believe it or not there will be someone special out there for you. I think that it is completley normal to be afraid as you feel that people may just leave you, however the key thing is patience and maybe you could have a little more self esteem and confidence and your day will come.:smile: Hope it helps
First world problems…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending