Severe Chest Pains last night Watch

Blazinq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I had possibily the worst chest pains I've ever had last night, it must of lasted 15 minutes+ where I couldn't breathe properly, but somehow I got to sleep, but I still feel a tiny bit of sharp pain when I take a long deep breathe now.

I'm not overweight/eat mostly protein/not suffering from anxiety

I read it could of been a heart attack because of how long it lasted? but I just don't think it was despite how hurtful it was, any idea's what caused my chest pains?
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
See a doctor. Now.
Blazinq
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by cpdavis)
See a doctor. Now.
Doctors aren't open today
Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with davis, go see a doctor now or even go to A&E. Especially as it could be related to heart problems.
buchanan700
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I get the same thing, and it is really scary. Like above said, see a doctor. My doctor said it could be Precordial Catch Syndrome, which is not serious, as there doesn't seem to be anything otherwise wrong. But yours could be very different so get it checked out. Chest pain is serious and noone here is a Doctor.
furryface12
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It could be any number of things and no-one here is going to be able to tell you what. I get severe chest pain when I'm having asthma attacks (which trust me, are scary enough...), but as you said it could be anything from this to a heart problem to something totally different altogether. Go get it checked out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch Key Phone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Blazinq)
Doctors aren't open today
Go to A&E or a drop-in centre. You could call NHS direct but they'd just tell you to go to hospital too.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by buchanan700)
I get the same thing, and it is really scary. Like above said, see a doctor. My doctor said it could be Precordial Catch Syndrome, which is not serious, as there doesn't seem to be anything otherwise wrong. But yours could be very different so get it checked out. Chest pain is serious and noone here is a Doctor.
There are Doctors on TSR, but your point still stands.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Likley to be pleurisy or something similar
Experienced symptoms similar myself ibuprofen should help pain if it is that.
Took about 6 weeks for mine to go.
Had investigations for clots, X-rays etc it was so bad but all clear
Saw gp within days of it starting so they were aware there was an issue and able to keep an eye on it.. This is important..!
Now gone, though at time was so upsetting and worrying after once completely unable to breath for few seconds
If it gets worse, or you get a cough with it seek professional medical advice quickly

Posted from TSR Mobile
rommygill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chest pain is due to the some infections in the chest. Infections in chest may caused due to the some smoking or drinking a cold wine, this is the most cause able reason. Another reason are different. You may consult to the doctor.
Beckyweck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rommygill)
Chest pain is due to the some infections in the chest. Infections in chest may caused due to the some smoking or drinking a cold wine, this is the most cause able reason. Another reason are different. You may consult to the doctor.
This is why you go to a doctor and don't look for diagnoses on TSR. xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
thoyub
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't know why people are telling you to see a doctor immediately. But if you want to be on the safe side then you should go and get it checked out. It probably isn't serious, some people can ignore chest pain for months and are still alive.

But I suggest seeing a doctor if you want to be on the safe side.
furryface12
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
Don't know why people are telling you to see a doctor immediately. But if you want to be on the safe side then you should go and get it checked out. It probably isn't serious, some people can ignore chest pain for months and are still alive.

But I suggest seeing a doctor if you want to be on the safe side.
I think the problem is there are some very serious things that it could be, and none of us are qualified to rule them out (or at least not without seeing the person), where a doctor might be. The likelihood is that it's nothing serious- I certainly don't see a doctor every time I have bad chest pain- but the chance is there, therefore they should see a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
source
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would see a doctor if i was you - and after that, make sure you are exercising and eating healthy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
14.1%
The paper was reasonable (191)
49.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.33%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.7%

Watched Threads