Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for Computer science and hope to do a Year in Industry placement. How does this work, do you have to have a job already or do the university help you to look for a placement?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Jamie

You don't have to have a job already to go on a placement. In some cases, such as myself I went on placement with my organisation because the chance came up.

If you don't have a job, there is support available for you, both in your faculties as well as through Northumbria's Careers and Employment service who can steer you in the right direction and help you find a placement.

We also have a number of careers fairs throughout the year which provide the opportunity to meet employers. I suggest when you start looking at plecements, have a look at targetjobs.com and milkround.com, they can provide you with a bit of insight as to what is out there.

Hope this helps

Dan

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 18, 2013

University open days

• Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
  • Northumbria University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 5 Dec '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.