Registering on the electoral role...which one? Watch

username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys

I am at university at I live away from home (I study in the NE of England.) I am originally from London.

I received a letter recently from the local council saying that we should register for the electoral role and to confirm occupants at the address. The occupants listed are previous occupants. Anyway, I still want to be able to vote in local things at home seeing as I spend half my time there and it is my home.

So should I register for my local council at uni, or my local council at home?

What do I do?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
Hi guys

I am at university at I live away from home (I study in the NE of England.) I am originally from London.

I received a letter recently from the local council saying that we should register for the electoral role and to confirm occupants at the address. The occupants listed are previous occupants. Anyway, I still want to be able to vote in local things at home seeing as I spend half my time there and it is my home.

So should I register for my local council at uni, or my local council at home?

What do I do?
you are allowed to be registered in both as a student & i think its council elections you can vote in twice (not general though)
username418231
Rep:
?
When filling in the form, I ticked 'Registered elsewhere' - we are students registered elsewhere and we don't want to be registered at the address. But do I still need to write the details of myself and my flatmates living at the address?
username418231
Rep:
?
(Original post by jelly1000)
you are allowed to be registered in both as a student & i think its council elections you can vote in twice (not general though)
When filling in the form, I ticked 'Registered elsewhere' - we are students registered elsewhere and we don't want to be registered at the address. But do I still need to write the details of myself and my flatmates living at the address?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
Not sure sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (146)
21.1%
The paper was reasonable (336)
48.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (132)
19.08%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
11.27%

Watched Threads