Where to go?! Aerospace Engineering 2014 Watch

0lli3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently applying to study aerospace engineering in 2014. I've done all sections of UCAS but am struggling with my choices as I work a lot and struggle to make time for open days! Can anyone recommend a good university for aerospace engineering?

My predicted grades are AAB in engineering, physics and mathematics respectively

Thanks
mjohnson29
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Great choice I've also applied for aerospace :P
I've applied for southampton (A*AA), Surrey (AAB), Liverpool (ABB), Brighton (ABB) and Swansea (BBB or AAB for MEng as Ive got).
I'd definitely recommend applying to Surrey, I've got all five offers and they're my favourite, they're a generally good uni (8th in the UK) high in the aerospace tables and have a nice campus. Swansea is building a new engineering campus, its also a nice campus like surrey. Southampton is really good in the research and have some really good links with industry, it may be a bit above your predicted but if they like your statement you could get an offer and if you like city universities youd probably like it. I chose brighton cause my school guarantees me a place there but after visiting with school I wasn't impressed at all but it was too late to change my choices. Can't say anything about Liverpool yet as I visit it next weekend for the first time

Hope that helps a bit
0lli3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by mjohnson29)
Great choice I've also applied for aerospace :P
I've applied for southampton (A*AA), Surrey (AAB), Liverpool (ABB), Brighton (ABB) and Swansea (BBB or AAB for MEng as Ive got).
I'd definitely recommend applying to Surrey, I've got all five offers and they're my favourite, they're a generally good uni (8th in the UK) high in the aerospace tables and have a nice campus. Swansea is building a new engineering campus, its also a nice campus like surrey. Southampton is really good in the research and have some really good links with industry, it may be a bit above your predicted but if they like your statement you could get an offer and if you like city universities youd probably like it. I chose brighton cause my school guarantees me a place there but after visiting with school I wasn't impressed at all but it was too late to change my choices. Can't say anything about Liverpool yet as I visit it next weekend for the first time

Hope that helps a bit
Thanks that helps a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (130)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (230)
44.15%
Not feeling great about that exam (100)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (61)
11.71%

Watched Threads