Anxiety over studies. Could someone please HELP ME! Watch

AK7000
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am currently doing A levels and basically what happened was that one of my friends were given a revision pack. I wasn't given it, so because of this I have been worrying sick about it because I feel that I am disadvantaged by not having it. This is ruining my life and making me really frustrated because everyday instead of studying my obsessive fear gets in the way of everything. My grades are suffering due to this. I even asked the teacher if I missed anything important to do with my studies and she said that I haven’t missed anything vital. However, I can’t stop thinking about it and I know it would be silly to ask again. Am I being rational or irrational? What should I do? HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS WORRY WITHOUT ASKING THE TEACHER, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
g.k.galloway
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AK7000)
Hi, I am currently doing A levels and basically what happened was that one of my friends were given a revision pack. I wasn't given it, so because of this I have been worrying sick about it because I feel that I am disadvantaged by not having it. This is ruining my life and making me really frustrated because everyday instead of studying my obsessive fear gets in the way of everything. My grades are suffering due to this. I even asked the teacher if I missed anything important to do with my studies and she said that I haven’t missed anything vital. However, I can’t stop thinking about it and I know it would be silly to ask again. Am I being rational or irrational? What should I do? HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS WORRY WITHOUT ASKING THE TEACHER, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?
Hello AK7000,
I'm not sure what I can do but I will try and help

Firstly, calm down - it will be okay, don't worry.

Now, is there any way you can get hold of one of these packs? Maybe ask a more superior teacher or ask to photocopy your friend's one.
If there is no way for you to get hold of one why don't you put one together yourself. You can fill it with past papers and questions and key points etc. Maybe even make it better than your friend's one

I can point you out to the TSR revision wiki
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...thods_and_tips
I hope that might be of help if you decide to make your own pack.

Remember that worrying about things will only make things worse so try and calm down a little. If you haven't missed any material then it shouldn't be much of a problem to resolve.

This wiki might also be of help to you
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...th_exam_stress

If you have any worries or questions then please ask someone/talk about it.

GKG.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.97%
The paper was reasonable (430)
44.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.09%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.24%

Watched Threads