web design/web technology graduates? Watch

Mortimer_01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I'm a bit unsure as to whether I'm putting this in the right section of these forums, so if I'm off track I apologise.

I'm looking to get in touch with any graduates of web design or web design related degree courses. Ideally looking for those who are looking for a start to their career, working/designing a new innovative site for an exciting new brand. Myself and my partners are looking for high calibre graduates with a 2:1 (or better of course).*

If anyone here fits the above description, knows someone who does, or alternatively knows of any forums or sites where we can source the kind of people we're looking for, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Mr Mortimer
AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mortimer_01)
Hi all,

I'm a bit unsure as to whether I'm putting this in the right section of these forums, so if I'm off track I apologise.

I'm looking to get in touch with any graduates of web design or web design related degree courses. Ideally looking for those who are looking for a start to their career, working/designing a new innovative site for an exciting new brand. Myself and my partners are looking for high calibre graduates with a 2:1 (or better of course).*

If anyone here fits the above description, knows someone who does, or alternatively knows of any forums or sites where we can source the kind of people we're looking for, please do get in touch.

Many thanks

Mr Mortimer
Why not approach undergraduates? Some would be keen in using you as a client in their FYI, or some keen students would take up your opportunity as a personal project even if they're in first or second year. This allows them to add things to their CV, ready for applying to jobs in placement year.

If you want undergraduates, maybe devise a test you would like them to complete prior to a first meeting or interview, just so you can gauge whether they're suitable or have the technical ability. Many of my peers have demonstrated high quality skill sets in Web technologies in the years I've been around them.

Gives you the opportunity to give an opportunity, possibly for free. Which could fold out to be something amazing. Personally, I'd focus on final year students, but you're too late as many engineering projects have already begun (or should have been).
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Salary?
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I never did understand why web development companies disregard undergraduates or people without degrees. Some of the best web designers I've met have either never been to university or haven't even had the opportunity to yet. Better to go on merit and a portfolio, I say. I know some ruddy awful developers with degrees.
Mortimer_01
Rep:
?
Thankyou for the replies all.

Adam, I'll see if I can touch base with 2nd and final year students. Sounds like a good idea my end.
Mortimer_01
Rep:
?
Salary, would include a one off inital payment to set the site up, and 5% of our profit thereafter. Which should add up to a decent salary overall.
AdampskiB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mortimer_01)
Contacting universities directly will get you some positive feedback. My lecturer looked-over a project where a student developed a website for a real-life client, he just dealt with the legals and project paper-work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads