Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got this?

i bought it after reading really good reviews and it's reeeally crap . the graphics are ****e, and the gameplay is crap. its predecesor battlefield vietnam was so much better

anyone else agree ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10inchpianist)
    has anyone got this?

i bought it after reading really good reviews and it's reeeally crap . the graphics are ****e, and the gameplay is crap. its predecesor battlefield vietnam was so much better

anyone else agree ?
    How dare you say that about BF2! :p: It depends what GPU you have and what settings your running it on as mine are fine. Love the game. check out the link in my sig. , my clan.

ReputationRep:
    Vietnam better? What are you smoking?

ReputationRep:
    BF2 is awesome. The gameplay is great and the graphics are fine.

ReputationRep:
    BF42 Desert Combat number 1.

BF2 would be awesome if EA didn't keep screwing us around with patches and making crappy addons that nobody uses.

But yeah, BFV better? So you're saying BFV has better gameplay? Gees, you sure you've played it? Also, technically BFV wasn't the predecessor since it was made by DICE Canada, the predecessor made my DICE Europe was BF42

Dice Canada are also making that 2142 thing, so it will also most likely be crap :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah BF2142 surely will as the video, just new skins or whatever.
    Oh on BF2 the friggin dolphin dives!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    BF2 is pretty good I think, highly enjoyable. BF42 will always hold the best times for me, however, just because it was so fresh and original in terms of game play. BFV was alright, had a few good times on it but was a bit of a let down. I'd say both 'sequels' are pretty similar to mods that already existed for BF42 anyway.

I'll never forget the Forgotten Hope mod for BF42 though, fantastic game. BF2 is having its own FH2 mod too which I look forward to a lot. I'm also quite glad there won't be a major engine update for 2142 as since FH2 is still in development a new game could give it a bitter out-of-date taste.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10inchpianist)
    has anyone got this?

anyone else agree ?
    Funniest post I've read all day, cheered me up a bit after the football result at least

If you think the graphics are crap you're running on a reeeally bad PC, you can get it looking half decent on a GeForce FX card.

Gameplay...well, if you've played on a decent server and still think it's crap then I think it's best off sticking to The Sims...

BFVietnam was only better for the music in vehicles, aside from the technical problems (some crash to desktop/red tag bug), BF2 surpasses it in every way going.

Try:

85.236.101.109:16567
    85.236.101.109:16667

ReputationRep:
    BF2 used to be good.

Then they patched the hell out of it because of all the whiners who cried foul every time they got beaten. Now it's a shadow of it's former self and nowhere near as good or fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    BF2 used to be good.

Then they patched the hell out of it because of all the whiners who cried foul every time they got beaten. Now it's a shadow of it's former self and nowhere near as good or fun.
    Couldnt agree more! Fecking dolphin divers, karkand glitchers and general idiots!

ReputationRep:
    Its fun when its more of a "fair" match, but when your spending 20 minutes trying to get out of your base, and being killed by obsessive jet flyers, it doesnt get fun at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr_SS_Lecter)
    Couldnt agree more! Fecking dolphin divers, karkand glitchers and general idiots!
    Dolphin diving and the Karkand glitches are gone in previous patches...shame you can't patch out the idiots, but the 2 servers I listed in a previous post are pretty much always full of decent people.

ReputationRep:
    85.236.100.5:16567
    its the place to be
    dont talk crap!!!
    download some mods: operation peacekeeper, nations at war, project reality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    Dolphin diving and the Karkand glitches are gone in previous patches...shame you can't patch out the idiots, but the 2 servers I listed in a previous post are pretty much always full of decent people.
    Yeah some members of my clan are testing out the BF1.4 patch and the new map, Road to Jalalbad! Looks very good and no dolphin diving.

ReputationRep:
    They better sort out the server instability that appeared in 1.3!

ReputationRep:
    EA have removed a lot of stuff that made the game fun...however I think the vehicle drop mini-artillery makes up for it .

Very demanding of your GPU, though. Looks great on the highest settings if you have the capability.

ReputationRep:
    Was playing BF2 a few minutes ago, the last game consisted of:

*spawn*
    ARGH! ARTLIERY! RUN!
    *dies*

*spawn*
    ARGH! ARTLIERY! RUN!
    *dies*

*spawn*
    ARGH! ARTLIERY! RUN!
    *dies*

etc.

I must say, it was quite enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm probably being stupid....but WTF is dolphin diving?

Apart from that, I have to say BF2 is vaguely enjoyable; especially when there is a decent bunch of players in a server. Although, I hate the attack choppers with a passion...does anyone else get the feeling that there is no skill involved in flying or co-piloting them? I mean, I'm considered useless at it, and I can get 15 kills in one sitting using the helicopter. Bleurgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayk_bakner)
    I know I'm probably being stupid....but WTF is dolphin diving?

Apart from that, I have to say BF2 is vaguely enjoyable; especially when there is a decent bunch of players in a server. Although, I hate the attack choppers with a passion...does anyone else get the feeling that there is no skill involved in flying or co-piloting them? I mean, I'm considered useless at it, and I can get 15 kills in one sitting using the helicopter. Bleurgh.
    The opposition clearly don't know how to bring a heli down then

Get 2x Humvees firing at you and you'll be toast before you can even think about moving away to a safer area

Dolphin diving was when people could jump/prone quickly while still firing in the air making them very hard to kill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    The opposition clearly don't know how to bring a heli down then

Get 2x Humvees firing at you and you'll be toast before you can even think about moving away to a safer area

Dolphin diving was when people could jump/prone quickly while still firing in the air making them very hard to kill.
    Oh yeah!!! That's really annoying...although with the G36E rifle I'm actually getting pretty good at dealing with it...

And yeah, I know that I should have been taken down But I was merely pointing out how easy it is to rack up kills with it! Unless there are actually 2 people in humvees shooting at you, you're basically an infantry massacring machine.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.