we should find out who ahd responisble for patch 1.3
strap him to a pole
and gve everyone big sticks
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What exactly was the big problem with patch 1.3? I've only had it since that came out, and so never was around for any others...
PieMaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Server crashers, random crashes to desktop, para-vehicles getting used as weapons, squads are virtually useless now, the list goes on
Mr. Fox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jayk_bakner)
I know I'm probably being stupid....but WTF is dolphin diving?

Apart from that, I have to say BF2 is vaguely enjoyable; especially when there is a decent bunch of players in a server. Although, I hate the attack choppers with a passion...does anyone else get the feeling that there is no skill involved in flying or co-piloting them? I mean, I'm considered useless at it, and I can get 15 kills in one sitting using the helicopter. Bleurgh.
It is very difficult to truly master the TV missile. When two good pilot/gunner teams are head-to-head, it's all about skill. Oh, and of course you should be able to take down planes with them, too...
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Watch this! http://media.putfile.com/Dolphin-diving
Morgoth
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It is very difficult to truly master the TV missile. When two good pilot/gunner teams are head-to-head, it's all about skill. Oh, and of course you should be able to take down planes with them, too...
me and vlad spent bout 6hrs in the choppers practising with the missiles, shouting directions etc, was ace we kicked ass totaly. not THAT hard to master, just gotta get used to how fast the missiles fly
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im kinda crap at BF2 then again i have really invested that much time into playing it since ive had it lol
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Morgoth)
me and vlad spent bout 6hrs in the choppers practising with the missiles, shouting directions etc, was ace we kicked ass totaly. not THAT hard to master, just gotta get used to how fast the missiles fly
Whats your ingame BF2 name?

I play quite alot of SF, mainly iron gator and warlord as karkand pi**es me off with the noobs and glitchers!
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Morgoth's is "Matlok" (PID 19045703)
mine is, unsurprisingly "MadVlad" (PID 48075899)
rahmed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What are your stats like Dr Lecter? I started playing about 2 weeks ago.
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you're using Xfire add "biggayalan" i'm usually up for a game with some non-retarded players...

Edit: Stats - http://www.bf2s.com/player/43425082/
rahmed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
166:54:58 - when did u start?
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bullyfish)
What exactly was the big problem with patch 1.3? I've only had it since that came out, and so never was around for any others...
As PieMaster said... the instability of the game is beyond a joke. I wouldn't even call it 1.3beta - it doesn't deserve it.

Vehicle Drop - AKA Cartillery. Useful for crushing rooftop snipers and taking out enemy artillery by just dropping it on there. :rolleyes:

Public squads are crap. You're lucky if you can get a decent, co-ordinated squad these days. I'd like to join a clan... but they're all full of uber-1337 people who are stupidly high ranks and as a "mere" Staff Sergeant... I feel like cannon fodder compared to them. It annoys me how they consider people under like, 2nd lieutenant as n00bs who are just completely incapable.

I played in a squad with a Colonel the other day and he was on the old VOIP barking orders and calling me a "f**king idiot" for not spawning as the right class of soldier. He was in a tank, so I was an engineer. 2 seconds after I spawned, he died and again called me an idiot for not spawning as Anti-tank! :mad:

I'm a pretty decent medic/sniper/support chap though (medic primarily though) so if anyone needs a good medic... I'm available
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The day after the release day. I tend to focus on having fun / wining the map for the team rather than woring points as a medic/sniper though.
bullyfish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
As PieMaster said... the instability of the game is beyond a joke. I wouldn't even call it 1.3beta - it doesn't deserve it.

Vehicle Drop - AKA Cartillery. Useful for crushing rooftop snipers and taking out enemy artillery by just dropping it on there. :rolleyes:

Public squads are crap. You're lucky if you can get a decent, co-ordinated squad these days. I'd like to join a clan... but they're all full of uber-1337 people who are stupidly high ranks and as a "mere" Staff Sergeant... I feel like cannon fodder compared to them. It annoys me how they consider people under like, 2nd lieutenant as n00bs who are just completely incapable.

I played in a squad with a Colonel the other day and he was on the old VOIP barking orders and calling me a "f**king idiot" for not spawning as the right class of soldier. He was in a tank, so I was an engineer. 2 seconds after I spawned, he died and again called me an idiot for not spawning as Anti-tank! :mad:

I'm a pretty decent medic/sniper/support chap though (medic primarily though) so if anyone needs a good medic... I'm available
Well all that eliteism is the problem with most online games nowadays, people dont give the time to the people who dont just spend 10 hours a day on the computer.
Phil.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rahmed)
166:54:58 - when did u start?
http://bf2s.com/player/43457275/

You'd never guess I've been on a gap year

(Also played since release)
rahmed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, 311 hours, too much time!
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by PieMaster)
The day after the release day. I tend to focus on having fun / wining the map for the team rather than woring points as a medic/sniper though.
I'm not in it for the points to be honest... I just found being a medic as a good way of holding a squad together. Better to keep people alive than lose the tickets, I find. I'm only a sniper when theres another sniper about. I find him, take him out and move on. I'm no camper.
Phil.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It annoys me how they consider people under like, 2nd lieutenant as n00bs who are just completely incapable.
The people who haven't played since launch are at a significant disadvantage IMO. I can't imagine trying to get in to it now with all the armour/jet whores about. It's pretty hard sometimes to really get in to a round and to get out of the spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn-die routine, especially when the rest of the team is running around like headless chickens.
rahmed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not in it for the points to be honest... I just found being a medic as a good way of holding a squad together. Better to keep people alive than lose the tickets, I find. I'm only a sniper when theres another sniper about. I find him, take him out and move on. I'm no camper.
I'm the same on the medic side, lately i have been spawning as a medic and just staying behind the squad and reviving them every now and then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads