Turn on thread page Beta

battlefield 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)
    I'm the same on the medic side, lately i have been spawning as a medic and just staying behind the squad and reviving them every now and then.
    Plus, G36E = best gun ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    The people who haven't played since launch are at a significant disadvantage IMO. I can't imagine trying to get in to it now with all the armour/jet whores about. It's pretty hard sometimes to really get in to a round and to get out of the spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn-die routine, especially when the rest of the team is running around like headless chickens.
    The thing i hate most about the team is when we play wake island, no one cares about capturing anything, they just run around on the carrier teamkilling each other until they get a jet or helicopter, then they die like 2-3 minutes in and the routine starts again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    The people who haven't played since launch are at a significant disadvantage IMO. I can't imagine trying to get in to it now with all the armour/jet whores about. It's pretty hard sometimes to really get in to a round and to get out of the spawn-die-spawn-die-spawn-die routine, especially when the rest of the team is running around like headless chickens.
    Why I play on Karkand a lot. Also why I like Infantry only servers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    Plus, G36E = best gun ever.
    Won't be when 1.4 gets released. If you have a look on the official BF2 forums, theres endless calls to "nerf" it.
    It does seem a bit over powered... but I don't care - I've unlocked it I play mainly with the L85A1 though - just because it's an SA80. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    The thing i hate most about the team is when we play wake island, no one cares about capturing anything, they just run around on the carrier teamkilling each other until they get a jet or helicopter, then they die like 2-3 minutes in and the routine starts again!
    Idea on Wake is to pack the BH (preferably with 2 engies in the back) and get it as high as possible above the carrier then take it straight over to their main base.

Most of the enemy will be trying to defend the flags nearest to the carriers and all the vehicle whores will have either teamkilled eachother or cleared off in their tanks/helis/jets at the main base.

Reason you want to get the BH as high as possible is because the jets will be more interested in picking off the boats/raping the carrier and don't often fly too high in wake so often don't even notice you, and if they do most aren't that bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    Idea on Wake is to pack the BH (preferably with 2 engies in the back) and get it as high as possible above the carrier then take it straight over to their main base.

Most of the enemy will be trying to defend the flags nearest to the carriers and all the vehicle whores will have either teamkilled eachother or cleared off in their tanks/helis/jets at the main base.

Reason you want to get the BH as high as possible is because the jets will be more interested in picking off the boats/raping the carrier and don't often fly too high in wake so often don't even notice you, and if they do most aren't that bothered.
    You have to admit, though. It's immense fun shooting down this uber-1337 pilot with a vodnik or summat silly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Won't be when 1.4 gets released. If you have a look on the official BF2 forums, theres endless calls to "nerf" it.
    Noooo

It is great at short and long range especially with the accuracy on the default burst setting, but compared to alot of other weapons on there I don't think it's particularly bad.

What I do hate is when people use the Anti-Tank rockets against infantry though, start shooting someone and what's this, a rocket heading towards my face? *BOOM*, dead :mad:

Karkand with no armour would be awesome. The new infantry only map in the patch looks a bit sniper friendly...in my opinion karkand is just right when it comes to snipers, I just hate those damn APCs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    You have to admit, though. It's immense fun shooting down this uber-1337 pilot with a vodnik or summat silly!
    Haha, yeah, it's great when a pilot that's been raping the map comes round a corner and is faced with 2 gunners in humvees/vodniks as there's no way they're going to get away from that.

You can virtually guarantee the BH won't reach the first flag if they go low on wake due to all the AA/Attack Heli/Jeeps at coast/Jets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    Noooo

It is great at short and long range especially with the accuracy on the default burst setting, but compared to alot of other weapons on there I don't think it's particularly bad.

What I do hate is when people use the Anti-Tank rockets against infantry though, start shooting someone and what's this, a rocket heading towards my face? *BOOM*, dead :mad:

Karkand with no armour would be awesome. The new infantry only map in the patch looks a bit sniper friendly...in my opinion karkand is just right when it comes to snipers, I just hate those damn APCs!
    Visit a Karkand 24/7 Infantry Only server (ranked) It's really good fun. Arty is usually banned too so its down to good teamwork

ReputationRep:
    yeah bf2 was nice when i played it a year and a half ago =)

ReputationRep:
    What are your stats like Dr Lecter? I started playing about 2 weeks ago.
    dark_knight_samed

Did start playing properly till after xmas as before on and off. yeah was on a gap year but had med skool application to deal with and job etc. But now clocking up hours and rank!

(Original post by Phil.)
    http://bf2s.com/player/43457275/

You'd never guess I've been on a gap year

(Also played since release)
    Ah nice stats! If your not in a clan, visit www.thespecialforces.co.uk

Also all other playing welcome if you play special forces expansion pack.
    We play iron gator and warlord, 2 very good infantry maps. Yeah sucks with all the armour and aviator whores!

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and get on that server sometime this week, I had a look today but it looked like it was full - been looking for a decent BF2F server for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgoth)
    me and vlad spent bout 6hrs in the choppers practising with the missiles, shouting directions etc, was ace we kicked ass totaly. not THAT hard to master, just gotta get used to how fast the missiles fly
    Easily said, but I SERIOUSLY doubt you'd be able to take on a really skilled team. You're ranked Corporal, right? Well unless you've spent a huge amount of time playing LAN you will not be anywhere near as highly proficient as other gunners with the TV missile. If you can take out planes and swaying choppers consistently (and that takes far more than 6 hours of practice) then that's commendable.

ReputationRep:
    lol, well we did work pretty well together, and yer im only corpral, but thenagain i got bored of BF2 within like 1 week lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    I'll try and get on that server sometime this week, I had a look today but it looked like it was full - been looking for a decent BF2F server for a while now.
    A nice to hear from you. Come on to our website and join our forum. yeah Gets busy/full during the afternoon til late evening. We are a no balls**t server.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, this is annoying me now....

I've found myself always being team switched halfway through/near the end of the game, first couple of times it was annoying, but now its 5-6 games in a row, and its always ME. I dont mind the switching as such, its just i'm usually one of the top 3 players in the winning team, and then i'm switched over to the loosers, and loose my scoreboard place.

And its not even when i'm doing well, can be when i've been playing 5 mins, or 20 mins, no-matter where I am on the scoreboard.

Is there some sort of toggle that says "please dont switch me"? As its just getting fustrating now

ReputationRep:
    I dont get that much but i guess could be admins or someone fo that server not liking it. Some of my clan mates get kicked from servers if they are owning and get acused of hakcing.

ReputationRep:
    Create your own squad if you don't want to be switched over, I think squad leaders and commanders get priority when it comes to auto-switches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    Create your own squad if you don't want to be switched over, I think squad leaders and commanders get priority when it comes to auto-switches.
    Ahh, good idea - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil.)
    ooo make sure you come on our server and make yourself know!

http://game-monitor.com/GameServer/8...ron_Gator.html

Me and my bro founded it and Lecter is one of our recruits

My stats: http://bf2s.com/player/45490850/ :cool: Havent played it for over a week now though!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.