I don't drink, would I be a social outcast in college? Watch

Friggerpants
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chi3f)
when everyone else is drunk, you can steal their stuff =)

Good friend you are.
poltroon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
To an extent, yes you will. For a start, you won't be invited to any parties. Most of them are stricly drinkers only. At other times, when people are discussing drinking, you will have nothing to contribute to the debate except a feeble 'I only drink water because I'm timid'. Hardly the greatest way to make people think that you're stong, funny, generous and kind, is it?
Bread and Circlejerks
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by poltroon)
At other times, when people are discussing drinking, you will have nothing to contribute to the debate
And believe me, you don't wanna miss out on those conversations:

"What do you like drinking?"
"BEER LAUGHING OUT LOUD"
"COOL, ME TOO!"

'I only drink water because I'm timid'
Straw Man ITT!
clouddweller
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by poltroon)
To an extent, yes you will. For a start, you won't be invited to any parties. Most of them are stricly drinkers only. At other times, when people are discussing drinking, you will have nothing to contribute to the debate except a feeble 'I only drink water because I'm timid'. Hardly the greatest way to make people think that you're stong, funny, generous and kind, is it?
what kind of parties do you go to? I dont think ive ever been to a party where EVERYONE was drinking.....and if you have to drink to come across as 'strong(wtf??) funny, generous and kind' then the chances are you arent actually any of them.
Grow up, not everyone needs alcolhol to have a good time.
peskymousie
Report 12 years ago
poltoon said " I only drink water because I'm timid'. Hardly the greatest way to make people think that you're stong, funny, generous and kind, is it?"

emm, did you really suggest that? i mean come off it. Exactly who are you trying to fool and if thats your reason for drinking then i think you should reconsider drinking in the first place.

People drink to be socail, true, but it will in no way reflect on the moral character on the indervidaul if they drink or not. I dont think i would think less of someone for not drinking.

Come on, how exactly dose drinking, show you to be of strong character?, generous nature? good humour? and kind??? I dont believe for one moment that not drinking makes you timid!
Ella_belle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People, I think poltroon was joking.

Sarcasm clearly doesn't come across on these threads.
saoirse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
this thread is becoming pretty silly...nobody worth bothering about will berate you for not drinking...who cares
Pseudomuse
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
its a good quality to be tee-total!
poltroon
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cloud, I wholeheartedly agree.

To mousie's comments, specifically about the timidness, you can talk

(Original post by Ella_belle)
People, I think poltroon was joking.

Sarcasm clearly doesn't come across on these threads.
Finally, someone who understands me!

slackerbeeatch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i dont think you will have a problem not drinking, a couple of my mates don't and its all good. one of them did find that at a couple of parties he was at (in the US) he was a bit left out, but that if he held a half full glass of beer people found him more approachable, and he got a lot more chat... it kinda was the best of both worlds... the drunks thought he was drunk, and he never touched a drop!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.51%
No (195)
72.49%

Watched Threads