Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just logged onto a blog that I started a few years ago and found it is still getting in excess of 1,000 views a day (with just under 500 visitors). It's been running on it's own for a good year or so and I think the fact it still has 1k views a day is pretty good. I am considering reviving it.

The problem. The blog is simply a blog where I post links to free sheet music for piano, then people click the link which takes them to another website where they can print the sheet music.

The sheet music that I link to is usually uploaded by random people so is usually infringing copyright laws (Because they have probably just uploaded a copy of the sheet music they found somewhere else, or that they have written without the permission of the artist).

I am merely linking to these website and do not host sheet music on the blog. I was wondering if this is infringing copyright laws? I can't see why it would be illegal as I am simply posting links, but someone might know.

I am not yet profiting from the blog, but I was thinking of maybe sticking a few adverts on it to see if it gets anything?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.