Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am planning to study A Level Biology by distance learning and have decided to use a course provider (rather than self-study) because they cover the 'practical' element. However, they have just advised me that they feel it is too late to start now and be ready to sit the AS level exam May 2014. The only other option I have is to start now and take both AS & A2 exams at the same time in 2015 - however I am concerned that if I do this, by the time 2015 comes around it will have been so long that it will be more a case of 'starting again' than 'revising' when preparing for the AS Level exam. If you have studied/are studying as level biology your feedback would be gratefully received Is 3 months into 'term' too late to catch up?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    How much time do you have to devote to study? If you don't have much time then 2015 might be better, but if you're prepared to work really hard then you'll be able to do it for 2014. It does depend on your other commitments, previous knowledge (eg if you have a recent GCSE A then you'll probably find it easier than if you have no prior knowledge), and how quick you are at picking stuff up generally.

A different option might be to concentrate on one module and only do half of the AS in 2014.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. I hadn't thought of taking only Unit 1 next year - I had just divided the exams into AS & A2 in my mind. I am studying two other subjects alongside biology and have approx. 24 hours per week free for study. I pick things up quickly and have a very good memory so was feeling confident overall - but the message from the course provider has meant some doubt has crept in, hence posting here! I think I will go ahead and book exams for both units for 2014, and worst case scenario, if it gets nearer the time and I feel it is too much I will concentrate on revising Unit 1, and if necessary book another Unit 2 exam when I sit the A2 exams in 2015.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.