The Student Room Group

Not sure If I did this assignment correctly?

My assignment required me to search for a range of institutions that offer my chosen course of study (I made screen shots to prove that I completed this task) and to use resource materials to research my chosen course of study. The problem is I wasn't quite sure what to do for the second task, so I did screen shots of the information on my chosen course of study shown from the websites of the universities I had searched for. I'm a bit annoyed about this as it was a relatively simple assignment and think I am worried that I will be capped a grade.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I would advise you to and speak to your tutor. You might be able to redo it again so that you can get a higher grade - I wouldn't know if it was correct or not unfortunately, but it can easily be sorted out so don't worry! :smile:
Original post by trrr
My assignment required me to search for a range of institutions that offer my chosen course of study (I made screen shots to prove that I completed this task) and to use resource materials to research my chosen course of study. The problem is I wasn't quite sure what to do for the second task, so I did screen shots of the information on my chosen course of study shown from the websites of the universities I had searched for. I'm a bit annoyed about this as it was a relatively simple assignment and think I am worried that I will be capped a grade.

Surely resits to gain a higher grade are not allowed at university?
Reply 3
Original post by Rational Thinker

Quite right. Not at university, on an Access course, during A Levels or for any formally assessed coursework. You aren't just permitted to keep doing it until you get the mark you want.

If you fail a uni assignment, then you might be required to resubmit at the end of the year in order to pass the module/unit. However this will depend on other factors such as performance in other coursework/exams. Also, your resubmission will probably be capped at a 40% pass mark unless you have mitigating circumstances. It's certainly not an opportunity to get a better mark.
Original post by Klix88
Quite right. Not at university, on an Access course, during A Levels or for any formally assessed coursework. You aren't just permitted to keep doing it until you get the mark you want.

If you fail a uni assignment, then you might be required to resubmit at the end of the year in order to pass the module/unit. However this will depend on other factors such as performance in other coursework/exams. Also, your resubmission will probably be capped at a 40% pass mark unless you have mitigating circumstances. It's certainly not an opportunity to get a better mark.

Luckily I have not had to resubmit any work at University so far.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm doing an access course.
Reply 6
Original post by trrr
I'm doing an access course.

I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for the feedback and the mark, to see how well you've done. From what you've posted, it's difficult to know whether you've done what the assessor was expecting. Hope it works out for you.
When I did my Access course I had to do some work like this.

I printed out lots of information regarding courses and funding such as bursaries etc. I also got some prospectuses and photocopied those, as it shows you aren't solely relying on the internet, and you can research other mediums.

You should have received a guide at the beginning of the year which details the module objectives. Take a look at that at that will show you what objectives you need to achieve in the work.
Original post by Rational Thinker

You can review it again if you like, just ask for the teacher that you need to check your work again. I know they will understand you. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MarilynDixon
You can review it again if you like, just ask for the teacher that you need to check your work again. I know they will understand you. :smile:

Nonsense. University submission processes are secure. You cannot access formally assessed coursework once it's been handed in. Not in the UK, anyway.
Reply 10
Original post by MarilynDixon

Mostly you can't resubmit at university level, purely to improve your mark.

As Klix said, if you had extenuating circs your mark would be 'erased' and normally you would have the opportunity to sit it again without penalty.

The only exception I can think of is at some universities they have a system where the first assessment is treated as a formative - you receive feedback, and it is submitted as a summative assessment.

If this in place at all it may only be for the first few assessments or early in the course.

The other point is : the assessment asked you to 'research' it - to me this could be in all sorts of media.... The tutor should have said what was acceptable to submit. I hope as this is an access course you wouldn't be treated too harshly at this point in the academic year!

Good Luck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Latest