The Student Room Group

AS Biology- Magnification

Hey, I'm currently struggling on how to work with eyepiece graticule division with these two questions.:frown:

B) A slide micrometer, where 1 division equals 10 micrometres was used to calibrate an eyepiece micrometer. At a magnification of x400 it was found that 100 eyepiece divisions measured 16 slide micrometer divisions. What is the size of one eyepiece division in micrometres at this magnification?

C) A blood smear was examined at the same magnification, and the diameter of a neutrophil was found to measure 10 eyepiece divisions. What is the diameter of the neutrophil in micrometres?

Could someone explain how I would work these out please?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I finally started to enjoy school life and have the best social life I've ever had but problem is I am doing 5 highers and I just want to hang out and enjoy life which I never done in previous years. I need help advice tips the lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending