Could anyone guide me on what 6th form or college to go to in London... Watch

Man16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

I'm an above average student who mainly gets As. I'm not sure where to go as there is no ranking system of colleges and 6th forms. I would like to go somewhere where there are students who are above average. I live in North London and would prefer something as good as possible as well as being close. I wish to study Computing, Physics and Maths for AS.. and maybe economics. I'm not sure if I provided enough information for you to guide me, but if you need anything else, just ask me.
PeaceTreaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
Computing, Physics and Maths
Damn I wanted to do computing but my school didn't offer it so now I'm doing Maths, Physics and Music Tech (might study computing at home). As for the question, the best place to look is on the league tables and decide based on the results, distance from where you live and what subjects they offer.
Man16
Rep:
?
(Original post by PeaceTreaty)
Damn I wanted to do computing but my school didn't offer it so now I'm doing Maths, Physics and Music Tech (might study computing at home). As for the question, the best place to look is on the league tables and decide based on the results, distance from where you live and what subjects they offer.
Could you link me to the 'league tables' because I have tried to find everthing about the top colleges and found nothing. Also, atm for GCSE, I'm doing Computing. Because I had previous knowledge about programming at home because I used to do it for a hobby, I was really ahead of the class and everyone else was just clueless. Maybe if you had a nice teacher, he could help you get an A. :P
suleyman95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Harrow School / Eton??
PeaceTreaty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
Could you link me to the 'league tables' because I have tried to find everthing about the top colleges and found nothing. Also, atm for GCSE, I'm doing Computing. Because I had previous knowledge about programming at home because I used to do it for a hobby, I was really ahead of the class and everyone else was just clueless. Maybe if you had a nice teacher, he could help you get an A. :P
State:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-schools.html

Independent:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...lts-table.html

The ICT teachers at my school are clueless. I think the closest thing they did to programming was Scratch. Luckily I also programmed as a hobby, trying to get back into it
PeaceTreaty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by suleyman95)
Harrow School / Eton??
Yuck, why choose the ones where all the snobs go. Their results aren't any where as good as the top schools.
Man16
Rep:
?
State:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-schools.html

Independent:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...lts-table.html

The ICT teachers at my school are clueless. I think the closest thing they did to programming was Scratch. Luckily I also programmed as a hobby, trying to get back into it
Thanks. I think I'm just going to apply to Woodhouse and my school which has a 6th form. May I ask you what you are doing atm?
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
Hi,

I'm an above average student who mainly gets As. I'm not sure where to go as there is no ranking system of colleges and 6th forms. I would like to go somewhere where there are students who are above average. I live in North London and would prefer something as good as possible as well as being close. I wish to study Computing, Physics and Maths for AS.. and maybe economics. I'm not sure if I provided enough information for you to guide me, but if you need anything else, just ask me.
There's a good few in north London............loads in Barnet and a few around............Woodhouse, st.micheasls, laytmer, etc
PeaceTreaty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
Thanks. I think I'm just going to apply to Woodhouse and my school which has a 6th form. May I ask you what you are doing atm?
Maths, Physics and Music Tech. I plan on starting Computing (at home) tomorrow.
Man16
Rep:
?
Maths, Physics and Music Tech. I plan on starting Computing (at home) tomorrow.
Is this for GCSE or what?
PeaceTreaty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
Is this for GCSE or what?
AS. I doubt I'll drop any at A2 unless I do 4.
Man16
Rep:
?
AS. I doubt I'll drop any at A2 unless I do 4.
How come you are doing 3 at AS? And where are you studying?
PeaceTreaty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Man16)
How come you are doing 3 at AS? And where are you studying?
Like I said I might be doing 4 if I can study at home. There's no point in throwing in a 4th subject just for the sake of doing 4, more so if you're going to drop one at A2 (imo) and most other subjects I'm not interested in. I'm currently studying at Chiswick School.
LovePeaceAwesome
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Woodhouse.

Just google colleges/sixth forms in North London or something; it really isn't that hard. If you want to know whether they are 'above average' or whatever, just look at their results online. Simple.
Millerman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think its particularly important unless you get bullied or something at your school and so have to leave, if you work hard then you'll get top grades where ever you are.
Ibraheem Ahmad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Henrietta Barnet, Woodhouse, Fortismere, Ashmole, southgate sixth form, Latymer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Soontobesuper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Millerman)
I don't think its particularly important unless you get bullied or something at your school and so have to leave, if you work hard then you'll get top grades where ever you are.
It doesn't really matter, but it is good to have a change and meet a different set of people. I had a great group of friends in my old school and I'm still glad I moved!

(Original post by Iqbal007)
There's a good few in north London............loads in Barnet and a few around............Woodhouse, st.micheasls, laytmer, etc
Ikr, compared to my Borough Barnet schools are a cut above!
Soontobesuper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Henrietta Barnet, Woodhouse, St Micheals (Though I not sure about they're computing dept) Latymer Ashmole
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best sixth form in North London is Latymer in Edmonton but you need to take an entrance exam Then it's Fortismere in Muswell Hill, then Woodhouse in Finchley, then Ashmole in Southgate. I'd recommend Woodhouse because it's a pure sixth form so you won't have to mix with snotty nosed and smelly 15 year olds, it is also not that hard to get into. Note this information is from when I went to sixth form 4 years ago so may be inaccurate now.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WGR)
The best sixth form in North London is Latymer in Edmonton but you need to take an entrance exam Then it's Fortismere in Muswell Hill, then Woodhouse in Finchley, then Ashmole in Southgate. I'd recommend Woodhouse because it's a pure sixth form so you won't have to mix with snotty nosed and smelly 15 year olds, it is also not that hard to get into. Note this information is from when I went to sixth form 4 years ago so may be inaccurate now.
Actually its not Latymer loooool its Henrietta Barnette........absolutely crazy hard to be considered, they are all so smart. Then theres QE girls, QE boys...........In terms of Barnet Woodhouse ranks towards the middle to lower half out of all the Barnet 6th forms/ colleges.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise