Is liking tea/coffee something you grow into? Watch

UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I tried coffee a few times but hated it, never tried tea but I like ice tea.

Is it one of those things where you keep drinking it and you start to like it? I also like coffee ice cream though, and coffee chocolates. Maybe that's because of the blend of sweet and bitter tastes?
Iloveginjas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
I tried coffee a few times but hated it, never tried tea but I like ice tea.

Is it one of those things where you keep drinking it and you start to like it? I also like coffee ice cream though, and coffee chocolates. Maybe that's because of the blend of sweet and bitter tastes?
I don't particularly like coffee but I have definitely grown into tea. . Ice tea tastes nearly the same as tea.
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have definitely grown into coffee, I used to absolutely hate the taste but smelling it all the time and trying other peoples' cups has made me like it.
randomly-abby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've loved tea since I was little but I've kinda grown into drinking coffee because my parents love it, I think sometimes your family influence you
Moosferatu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not surprising. Ice tea is basically a soft drink.
UniMastermindBOSS
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Antifazian)
I have definitely grown into coffee, I used to absolutely hate the taste but smelling it all the time and trying other peoples' cups has made me like it.
Yeah those novelty coffees people get from Starbucks always look really nice
uktotalgamer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it possibly is, but it's also about finding something that you like. I don't mind a simple cup of tea, or coffee, however I've find my acquired taste is a simple Earl Grey tea, medium strength no milk. Or, cafetiere brewed coffee.
Antifazian
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
Yeah those novelty coffees people get from Starbucks always look really nice
They are! They're a good way to intro yourself to coffee too, say a mocha or a latte, as they don't have an overwhelming coffee taste, but there's enough there mixed with the sweetness that it's palatable.
Hugs31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've very rarely drank coffee, if I need to be awake I'll get some fresh air. I've only been drinking tea regularly since I've been at university (always a good excuse for a break when doing assignments and revising for exams).
deedee123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I definitely grew into coffee, i just kept drinking it until i liked it. I've always been neutral tea.
bramley
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've never been able to 'grow into' the taste of tea or coffee. I just don't like it.

Then again I'm really picky with all my drinks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (205)
22.19%
The paper was reasonable (392)
42.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.26%
It was TERRIBLE (149)
16.13%

Watched Threads