The Student Room Group

Need some advice

Hi TSR,

I started my new job at Sainsburys as a night shift worker yesterday, and the aisle I was put on for the whole night was Beers, Wines and Spirits. Now, I am quite a small lad - and I found it VERY hard (and painful to the back) to be lifting the huge cases of alcohol and be expected to manage to get a full case of glass-bottled spirits onto a shelf.

Essentially, I worked quite slow because I didn't want to break anything and it was really doing my back in.

I don't want to step on anyones toes, but I really don't want to be stacking the booze aisle again. It was just far too strenuous and I don't think I'd survive another night there - would it be unreasonable to ask my manager to move me elsewhere in the store?

I honestly feel I could do a much better job elsewhere, I worked myself into a right headache-state last night just constantly worrying about smashing anything and being unable to lift things -

So could anyone give me some advice? If I am put on Booze again next week would it be a bad idea to say I don't feel comfortable working the shift there again? Cheers!
Reply 1
That doesn't sound unreasonable to me, work places always stress safe lifting and health and safety...it's in your best interest to be working in another aisle. I'd have a word with your supervisor/manager. I'm sure they'd understand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending