Volunteering tips Watch

THG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

I really want to do some volunteering work during my gap year but would like to stay home in Manchester since I wont be able to come up with necessary funds to travel just yet. If you guys have any tips on how to make the most of my gap year without having to travel pleeeaaaassssse share. Thanx
SoggyTractor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, I volunteer at my local Oxfam depot, and it's really easy to do, and easy to get started. It's great to be able to say 'I volunteer for Oxfam' but all you have to do is put donated books and DVDs onto Amazon or MusicMagpie. You literally just sit at a computer for a couple of hours and make loads of money for the charity. Every item you list and sell online makes them money, and it's stress free. They probably have a depot where you live so why not give them a call?
THG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SoggyTractor)
Well, I volunteer at my local Oxfam depot, and it's really easy to do, and easy to get started. It's great to be able to say 'I volunteer for Oxfam' but all you have to do is put donated books and DVDs onto Amazon or MusicMagpie. You literally just sit at a computer for a couple of hours and make loads of money for the charity. Every item you list and sell online makes them money, and it's stress free. They probably have a depot where you live so why not give them a call?
sounds like something I'm capable of doing i just might check it out thanx for the idea mate

oh and how long do u usually work their or is just weekend volunteering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
31%
The paper was reasonable (399)
40.43%
Not feeling great about that exam... (159)
16.11%
It was TERRIBLE (123)
12.46%

Watched Threads