AAB/ABB course offered AAB can i still get ABB? Watch

Georgesteventon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Over the moon got an offer from Exeter! They are asking me for AAB even though the course is AAB/ABB. Does this mean if I only got ABB at the end of A2's that I wouldn't get a place?
dada55
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It means that you need to achieve AAB to be guaranteed a place in the course. If you achieve ABB then they will most likely still consider you if there are spaces left in the course but nothing is certain.
bluebeetle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you got ABB, you may be in a slightly better position than somebody with an ABB offer achieving BBB, but they don't have to accept you if you get ABB. Bear in mind that the lower grade set on uni websites is usually for students with some kind of extenuating circumstance like a poorer background.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As has been said many times on this forum this year, if an offer is expressed as a grade range, the lower offer is usually "contextual" i.e. for students from disadvantaged backgrounds or with extenuating circumstances.

If you get ABB, you will not be guarenteed a place on the course. As has been said, on results day, it is possible you would be let in with this result anyway, but this is definately not guarenteed. Any decisions about offers to accept/reject should be based on needing AAB to be let in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (200)
22.57%
The paper was reasonable (402)
45.37%
Not feeling great about that exam... (165)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (119)
13.43%

Watched Threads