Women who swear turn off ,turn on or not bothered ? Watch

deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I say the f word in casual conversations. I would find it an extreme turn off if a boy was that prissy that he got upset that i swore :rolleyes: it obviously gets annoying if people are just swearing constantly for no apparent reason. I would never swear in a professional environment/in front of children.
indigoblue265
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it's only a problem if people (not just women, but anyone) can't stop. I used to have a friend who really didn't notice which words were swearing or not. She would swear at her teachers and at work. We were Brownie leaders and she regularly scared some of the girls who were the kind of innocent seven year olds who think 'shut up' is a bad word.
mynameisntbobk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hugely depends. If Its a constant thing, definite turn off but if its a spur of the moment thing, then I'm not really bothered
AreebWithaHat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
I swear when I'm angry, but I don't get angry often.
if i call you by your name minus an 'A' from the end. does that make you want to swear?
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as it's not in every sentance she says, I'm not that bothered personally.
IlexBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If a guy expects me to stub my toe and go "oh golly gosh, dearie me" like a lady I'll gladly show him where the door is.
Zakee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I ****ing hate swearing. It's so ****ing stupid. Why do people have the need to ****ing swear? It's ****ing ridiculous.
Hellz_Bellz!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AreebWithaHat)
if i call you by your name minus an 'A' from the end. does that make you want to swear?
@#!£ you Areeb you £$%@#!(^&*!!!!

Jk I love you :love:
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmmaJaneTaylor)
I'm pretty much screwed then
Likewise. Me and my friend swear like sailors. I'm even worse than her, it's not until I'm in "polite mode" around lecturers and random adults I don't know, or children, that I realise how much I swear the rest of the time. I've managed to tone it down on the internet somehow, although I still swear more than other people would like. :lol: Honestly, people go on about slut-shaming with women, what about swear-shaming? If my male friends can mouth off, I bloody can. Words have the power you give them, one day my flatmates and I decided that a certain swear word was given a lot of power because people hardly ever said it, it ended up with two of my housemates shouting it to each other across the kitchen windows of our flats, since they were next to each other. Honestly, if someone were to swear at me, I'd be more hurt by their tone than their actual words. Like, my friend could jokingly call me a ***** and I wouldn't mind, but then someone else called me something which wasn't even a swear word and I was really hurt and seething for days. It's all about the emotions behind the use of the word, not the word itself. It has more power with people who rarely swear.
aspirinpharmacist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PeaceTreaty)
Depends if you find a lack of intelligence a turn on.
Swearing has no correlation with intelligence, Stephen Fry swears constantly. I'd love to see you try and pass him off as stupid.
aspirinpharmacist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin25)
I can't judge, I swear a lot. Its deeply embedded into my vocab now. I blame the fact I'm Scottish lol.

Someone swearing, regardless of gender doesn't bother me as long as they know when its not ok to swear, such as in a professional environment, when talking to someone official etc
Haha, I grew up in Scotland and I swear constantly. I think there's a time and a place so if someone were to judge me for swearing around my friends I'd tell them where to get off. It doesn't bother me when guys swear, it bothers me a tad when my sister swears but she's 12, so it's more a case of "Hey, you're a child!"
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Turn off.
roodootoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thoyub)
It's unladylike and unfeminine and unattractive but that's what women are these days. Swearing once in a while is ok but in every sentence isn't. Unfortunately, they seem to have tourettes and can't stop swearing at every chance they get. There's no hope for guys who want to date girls anymore, it's either men with penises or men with vaginas. Femininity doesn't exist anymore.
That is sexist. So unbelievably sexist. I feel weird even replying to this since it is so ignorant, I feel like a real person couldn't possibly write it...
Jabberwox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmmaJaneTaylor)
I'm pretty much screwed then
You and me both
IlexBlue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by roodootoo)
That is sexist. So unbelievably sexist. I feel weird even replying to this since it is so ignorant, I feel like a real person couldn't possibly write it...
Welcome to TSR.
arkhamz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Turn on. It's just words, the power they have is the power you give them. Come on people... *shakes head*
theoferdinand
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by jazzykinks)
Also, if men can swear like sailors and no one cares, why is it that people care when women swear? Sexism much.
Not sexist at all
theoferdinand
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by IlexBlue)
If a guy expects me to stub my toe and go "oh golly gosh, dearie me" like a lady I'll gladly show him where the door is.
Thats a bit different . Stubbing your toe and swearing is pretty natural and is acceptable .. Unless out in public of course
IlexBlue
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theoferdinand)
Thats a bit different . Stubbing your toe and swearing is pretty natural and is acceptable .. Unless out in public of course
I think you'll find I'll do it when and where I please, "rules" aside.
Shazzarr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Swearing is the foundation of my hometowns vocab.

I occasionally say **** and ***** infront of my mum but i dont go around using the cusses for 90% of my sentences.

Also swear a lot infront of my bestfriend but thats completely normal in my eyes.

Like another person said, theres a time and place.
Swearings completely fine in my eyes, just not when its OTT. (I actually see parents swear at their kids of younger than 10 years old, also had some kids (think they were Pakistani or polish, if they're picking up swearing more than other english words then it just shows what my towns like ^^) they were about 4 and they were swearing like sailors. Talk about respect for your elders (i was with my gran).

honestly, women swearing isnt a big deal, its how the cusses are used which is the problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (425)
18.66%
The paper was reasonable (1076)
47.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (506)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (271)
11.9%

Watched Threads