Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I pinched my roommate's earmuffs because it was dashed cold and my girl partner insisted I don earmuffs else she wouldn't go out with me for dinner. I searched for my own but couldn't find them in the mess so I picked up my roommate's instead.
    I forgot to return my roommate's earmuffs to my roommate and he is now wild and frantic and believes that they were stolen by some idiot who previously stole some other article of his and he intends to report the poor blighter to the university authorities responsible for this sort of outrage.
    I dare not tell him I pinched them because I feel horribly indecent and ignoble for having done what I did and I do not want the man to think me a crook.
    I can stealthily return it when he's absent from the room but that won't stop him believing the other unfortunate chap was responsible for its disappearance.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Well that certainly wasn't 100% halal behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Are you in your eighties by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polymath)
    Well that certainly wasn't 100% halal behaviour.
    I did not pinch it exactly, I would have preferred to say that I borrowed it without asking and it was lent to me without verbal permission but I thought it is my roommate's point of view that matters more than mine because it was his earmuff after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackal The)
    Are you in your eighties by any chance?
    I am 80 exactly, take only 61.

ReputationRep:
    Why would he be angry that someone be angry that someone pinched his earmuffs? It's not as if they can feel pain, well at least not any earmuff's I've heard of.

My advice is to tell him that you know who stole them. Then put them on his head real quick and explain that you stole them. Of course, he won't be able to hear your confession (because of the earmuffs he is now wearing), so he will have his earmuffs back without knowing it was you.

Problem solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiefNinja)
    Why would he be angry that someone be angry that someone pinched his earmuffs? It's not as if they can feel pain, well at least not any earmuff's I've heard of.

My advice is to tell him that you know who stole them. Then put them on his head real quick and explain that you stole them. Of course, he won't be able to hear your confession (because of the earmuffs he is now wearing), so he will have his earmuffs back without knowing it was you.

Problem solved
    Ingenious. Absolutely ingenious. In fact, too ingenious to carry out. Will peg it for a try in case everything else fails, don't you fret.

ReputationRep:
    Just stuff them back into his drawer or something when he's not around.

ReputationRep:
    Hide them somewhere really obscure then suggest he looks there as a joke. Then when he discovers them, he will blame himself for being so silly, and you will get clever roommate brownie points

just tell him

ReputationRep:
    Much obliged but problem's been solved, I laid bare my soul to my roommate but he is still wild. Turns out those earmuffs are only vintage showpieces given to him by his grandmother and that he has never worn them. I have tainted them, apparently, and he will never hold them as sacred as he did before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iam100%halal)
    Much obliged but problem's been solved, I laid bare my soul to my roommate but he is still wild. Turns out those earmuffs are only vintage showpieces given to him by his grandmother and that he has never worn them. I have tainted them, apparently, and he will never hold them as sacred as he did before.
    Hahaha, if this is a troll thread, it's one of my favourites ever.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.