Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am new to this forum but I would want to ask if anyone has an idea of how savings could affect the money you are getting through Student Finance. I am particularly concerned about how much savings is the limit above which the savings will start affecting the money you are about to get given e.g. less money as a form of loan/grant?

I've currently got £2000 in my current account but my grandparents have promised me to give me quite a lot of money for my 18th (under £5000).

Thank you for all your help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, it's only income that's taken into account, not savings. I don't remember being asked when I applied, and I had around £1,600 saved when I put my application in.

ReputationRep:
    Savings are irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the only aspect of savings which will be taken into account, will be the interest earned on them. Even on the amounts quoted, these days, the interest will be minimal.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.