English Educational System Watch

MBFP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, i am french so i live in france:eek:
lol so i wanted to ask all information about the english educational system like everything about what are classes names and how are things organised how are your classes (in which class do u pass the GCSE exam, About A levels just wondering ) and plz keep it in easy english my english is not so good (btw: just wondering, to compare France/england education lol)
MBFP
Rep:
?
Plz go into max detail thnx
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_England

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maya2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well in England we do school 5 days a week, mon-fri (some schools in France miss Wednesday I think?), starting around 8.30-9 and finishing around 3-4 (most schools)
In my school we do 5 lessons a day, but starting with registration in our forms where we just see who's in school on that day. Then we go go first lesson (1hr) and second lesson (1hr). Then its break time, where we have about 25 minhtes . then another 2 lessons, before lunch (25 mins). In our school, we just have a snack bar, where we can buy pizza/chips/burger (I hate school food!!) I think in France you have like a proper big lunch (That's what my teacher told me) with 2\3 courses so its pretty diferent .
Then we have one last lesson and its home time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
MBFP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maya2000)
Well in England we do school 5 days a week, mon-fri (some schools in France miss Wednesday I think?), starting around 8.30-9 and finishing around 3-4 (most schools)
In my school we do 5 lessons a day, but starting with registration in our forms where we just see who's in school on that day. Then we go go first lesson (1hr) and second lesson (1hr). Then its break time, where we have about 25 minhtes . then another 2 lessons, before lunch (25 mins). In our school, we just have a snack bar, where we can buy pizza/chips/burger (I hate school food!!) I think in France you have like a proper big lunch (That's what my teacher told me) with 2\3 courses so its pretty diferent .
Then we have one last lesson and its home time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
LLLOlllllllll 25 miutes break your in heaven mate lol we start8-9 to 4.30/5.30 in high school or 4/5/6 in college we only have 10/15 mins break lol thanks b really helpful and can you tell me how is your system like in which class you pass the GCSE and , when you choose the A-levels do you only study these subject ??? thnx (we dont have so good lunch we only have one menyu of the day same 4 every1)

AND IF I was BORN IN 1999 in which class would i be this year and the next year??
Maya2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shahid786)
LLLOlllllllll 25 miutes break your in heaven mate lol we start8-9 to 4.30/5.30 in high school or 4/5/6 in college we only have 10/15 mins break lol thanks b really helpful and can you tell me how is your system like in which class you pass the GCSE and , when you choose the A-levels do you only study these subject ??? thnx (we dont have so good lunch we only have one menyu of the day same 4 every1)

AND IF I was BORN IN 1999 in which class would i be this year and the next year??

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you were born in 1999 you'd either be in year 9 (if you were born after September 1999) or year 10 (if you were born before September 1999)
In year 9 you choose what GCSE to do, and (most commonly) will start studying for them in year 10, and will do most exams at the end of year 11 (some will do them in year 9 or 10)
For a levels I think you only study the subjects you choose to study, however I'm year 9 so dont take my word for it!
MBFP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maya2000)
Posted from TSR Mobile
If you were born in 1999 you'd either be in year 9 (if you were born after September 1999) or year 10 (if you were born before September 1999)
In year 9 you choose what GCSE to do, and (most commonly) will start studying for them in year 10, and will do most exams at the end of year 11 (some will do them in year 9 or 10)
For a levels I think you only study the subjects you choose to study, however I'm year 9 so dont take my word for it!
During your GCSE (year 10 , Year 11) do you keep taking tests during the years or do u take them at the end of year 9 and where can i find the GCSE options , do all the schools have the same??
ProDowd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Basically the top and bottom of it is that Michael Gove has ruined everything
LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You take all of your GCSE exams at the end of Year 11 (16 years old).
After, you pick your A-Levels. These can be any subject, normally 3-4.
You study these for two years and take your final exams in Year 13 (18 years old).

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.17%
The paper was reasonable (395)
42.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.16%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.15%

Watched Threads