The Student Room Group

Can you fancy more than one person at a time?

can you fancy more than one person at a time?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by TheMoho
Yes.

have you?
Yes, I'm sure you can.
Reply 4
Original post by moonziggy
have you?

Yes. I fancy both James Franco and Dave Franco. At the same time.
yes i do that all the time with my celebrity crushes. never in real life tho
No: it's absolutely biologically impossible, without question.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes.

And yes I have.
Reply 8
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
No: it's biologically impossible.

Are you going to support that, or just hope we believe you because you said "biologically"?
Fancy as in find attractive - yes. Fancy as in have real feelings for and care about - I'm not so sure.
Original post by Onionman
Are you going to support that, or just hope we believe you because you said "biologically"?

The latter please :smile:
Yes. Fancying someone can be shallow and you can easily like multiple people.
Yes, most definitely. I would defend the belief you can love two people as well. It's worth avoiding if you can though...
Reply 13
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
The latter please :smile:

Haha. I like the way you think.
Reply 14
Yeah for a brief period I guess I did. But I don't think you can have proper "feelings" for more than one person at a time.
A sort of basic-level crush, definitely. The amount of crushes I have on actors is obscene, but there we go. Proper infatuation, I'm not sure you can. I definitely can't. And I wouldn't know about love.
Reply 16
Original post by moonziggy
can you fancy more than one person at a time?

I would definitely say yes, from experience. I am less confident about saying I think you can be in love with 2 people at one time though, although that might just be because from my experience of being "in love" with someone, I don't even consider other people to date.

So yes, and no.
Reply 17
Yes, i have fancied 3 guys at once. Im now over them and am really crushing on future guy :biggrin:.
Reply 18
I can't speak for really liking or loving someone as I have never experienced either personally with more than one person...

But I'm pretty sure most people have fancied more than one person at a time. "Fancying" doesn't entail any strong feelings, it's more like crushing or thinking someone is really attractive and being really sexually attracted to them...kind of thing. So yes, definitely can fancy more than one person. Speak from experience.
It's definitely possible to be in love with more than one person. It's called polyamory. And while most people would not explicitly identify as polyamorous, it would be unreasonable to assume many people aren't at least somewhere on the spectrum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending