Punctuality problem Watch

DedicatedWizard
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I live quite far from my sixth form (it's a grammar school btw) and I have to wake up at 6ish to get there by 8:00. When I get off from the last bus, there's a 10-minute walk to the school so I should be there by 8:10 and school starts at 8:15. I have to take 3 buses to school - I can't afford the train fare all the time and I once missed the train which sucked - and I have been late 8 times already and it's only been 3 months since I started sixth form!

I'm really worried about this - how much will this affect me when I apply for uni? I want to study medicine! Are they very particular about the punctuality record? I've only been absent once and I was really sick then (I could barely get out of bed!)
benclarky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Speaking from someone who's been late 5 times in one term, just don't be late anymore and as long as you show a improvement of punctuality, you should be okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
Yeah that's what I'm aiming for - I almost didn't make it in time today but my tutor was late so I got off easily. Phew!

(Original post by benclarky)
Speaking from someone who's been late 5 times in one term, just don't be late anymore and as long as you show a improvement of punctuality, you should be okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
benclarky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DedicatedWizard)
Yeah that's what I'm aiming for - I almost didn't make it in time today but my tutor was late so I got off easily. Phew!
I'm late today too. What a coincidence lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
I'm late today too. What a coincidence lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my mum to wake me up 15 mins early than usual (I suck at waking myself up) and it really did the trick! I got to school at 7.40am today so I had time to revise a bit!
benclarky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got my mum to wake me up 15 mins early than usual (I suck at waking myself up) and it really did the trick! I got to school at 7.40am today so I had time to revise a bit!
7.40! I have to be in by 8.20! Buses are just annoying and are always late I might ask my parents to wake me up earlier too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
7.40! I have to be in by 8.20! Buses are just annoying and are always late I might ask my parents to wake me up earlier too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should definitely do that! Once at 7am, I had to wait for a bus that will take me straight to the school but it didn't come til 7.20 -_- Bus delays are the worst since every minute counts urgh.

Have you ever missed a train to school?
benclarky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should definitely do that! Once at 7am, I had to wait for a bus that will take me straight to the school but it didn't come til 7.20 -_- Bus delays are the worst since every minute counts urgh.

Have you ever missed a train to school?
Luckily I don't need to get a train to school and never have, but I imagine it's just as frustrating. If the bus comes one minute after that could be the difference between on time and late! Really need to sort out the bus system

Posted from TSR Mobile
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
Luckily I don't need to get a train to school and never have, but I imagine it's just as frustrating. If the bus comes one minute after that could be the difference between on time and late! Really need to sort out the bus system

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can take the train to school but I have to pay - I only do it when I am really desperate and late. I once had one of the worst mornings ever - I missed the train because one of my pound coins wouldn't go through (I was topping up my Oyster card - that's what we use to travel in public transport in London) and by the time I got to the platform, the train was leaving the station. I felt like crying because I was planning to go to school early to finish something for a deadline I had that day. To make matters worse, I was holding my purse and when I left the station, I dropped some of the money and it was raining really hard but my umbrella was in my bag and my fingers were numb which meant that fumbling for the money was a slow and painful process. I had to get a bus which I almost missed. Amazingly enough, I wasn't late. I tried to be positive when I got to school because I kept thinking that I was bound to have something good happen to me after all this but nothing really happened.

Sorry for the ranting lol
benclarky
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can take the train to school but I have to pay - I only do it when I am really desperate and late. I once had one of the worst mornings ever - I missed the train because one of my pound coins wouldn't go through (I was topping up my Oyster card - that's what we use to travel in public transport in London) and by the time I got to the platform, the train was leaving the station. I felt like crying because I was planning to go to school early to finish something for a deadline I had that day. To make matters worse, I was holding my purse and when I left the station, I dropped some of the money and it was raining really hard but my umbrella was in my bag and my fingers were numb which meant that fumbling for the money was a slow and painful process. I had to get a bus which I almost missed. Amazingly enough, I wasn't late. I tried to be positive when I got to school because I kept thinking that I was bound to have something good happen to me after all this but nothing really happened.

Sorry for the ranting lol
Aww that is a much worse morning that I've had! The only bad thing that's happened is that I was almost late for my gcse haha! And yes what part of London are you from :P I get a free 12-15 oyster card idk if that can be used for free train fare lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Buses are pretty bad - I might start taking them though.
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
Aww that is a much worse morning that I've had! The only bad thing that's happened is that I was almost late for my gcse haha! And yes what part of London are you from :P I get a free 12-15 oyster card idk if that can be used for free train fare lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
You still have to pay even with the 11+ Oyster! I was almost late for my GCSE Biology controlled assessment once but luckily they were just talking about the rules and they hadn't started yet *phew!*

I'm from the South East
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by techno-thriller)
Buses are pretty bad - I might start taking them though.
Why? Do you take the train?
techno-thriller
Badges: 14
Report 5 years ago
Why? Do you take the train?
I cycle.
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by techno-thriller)
I cycle.
Dayumm, I wish I lived close enough to cycle. You are so lucky!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (143)
21.22%
The paper was reasonable (329)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.28%

Watched Threads