Mature student finance help Watch

Rhinorogers2014
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am 32 and going to be studying at warwickshire college next year, I will be studying a city and guilds level 3 diploma in animal management, what finance is available to me I know I can apply for a 24+ learning loan for the course, I also know about the maintenance loans, because of my age would I still get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Portia1993
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You should be able to apply for a bursary from the college itself which means you can also get lunch vouchers and a bus pass, as well as money for any extra costs you may incur

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhinorogers2014
Rep:
?
(Original post by Portia1993)
You should be able to apply for a bursary from the college itself which means you can also get lunch vouchers and a bus pass, as well as money for any extra costs you may incur

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had my interview Saturday and got accepted, tried to see the finance lady but she busy doing interviews and stuff so send her a email so fingers crossed they will help me, it's not till next year so plenty of time to sort it.
Rhinorogers2014
Rep:
?
That confirms it funding is not available for mature students going into further education if I was going to uni there lots of financial help available it sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rhinorogers2014)
I am 32 and going to be studying at warwickshire college next year, I will be studying a city and guilds level 3 diploma in animal management, what finance is available to me I know I can apply for a 24+ learning loan for the course, I also know about the maintenance loans, because of my age would I still get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The age restriction for a maintainance loan is around 60, however they are only available on university level courses at level 4 plus. The college may be able to offer help with travel and books however any housing costs will need to be paid yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed