Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here's my answer to the question "Jim takes part in a race ... Why does Jim's heart rate not return to normal immediately after the race?":

This is so that he can breathe in more oxygen as the blood is being pumped faster, which increases the rate of gas exchange.
    The question was only worth 1 mark, so I'd just like to check whether my answer is correct or not.

Thanks!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MrLatinNerd)
    Here's my answer to the question "Jim takes part in a race ... Why does Jim's heart rate not return to normal immediately after the race?":

The question was only worth 1 mark, so I'd just like to check whether my answer is correct or not.

Thanks!
    I think it would do fine. Although your answer could have been expanded just a little bit, I think it would do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your answer sounds good. You can still add to your answer that the body temperature is increase during the race, so the blood flow is increase too by increasing the heart rate. The increase blood flow is also important to cool the body down.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for your answers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 19, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.