Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm seeing my Neurologist once again tomorrow for help with my migraines. I've been seeing him since I was 15, so nearly 9 years. I suffer from quite a rare condition and have chronic daily migraines. I've tried all sorts of medications to prevent them but nothing's working right now.

The last medication I used was Pregabalin 300mg but it just kinda pooped out and stopped working so I've withdrawn from it. I've exhausted most medications on the market and am looking in resorting to Methysergide but for obvious reasons I'm incredibly hesitant to try this.

At the moment the only thing I can do is take Tramadol and Naproxen for the pain, but I've suffered quite bad liver damage from metabolising them long term.

Just wondering if anyone has found success with a particular medication which I've not tried yet?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Amityptyline?

I suffer from chronic migraines and this is the only thing outta a whole bunch of stuff thats helped. Also rizitripan wafers?

Sorry if this isn't much help
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Sophie_284)
    Have you tried Amityptyline?
    This is the only thing that works for me and hasn't worn off within weeks. I've had 4 headaches in 3 weeks since I started taking it. That's a massive improvement for me - had 2 weeks of nothing but pain previously.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.