Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please take a look at this T-Mobile wi-fi dongle...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...b-stick-e3131/

And tell me whether or not after the 30 days are up, that is the end of the contract.

And when do these companies usually charge? I've had this for about 25 days and they haven't charged me yet. Honestly I am just baffled and confused as to whether I need to buy an entirely new one or whether I can just re-new the one I have...

The most confusing thing i've ever bought.

The answer might be obvious but I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Can somebody please take a look at this T-Mobile wi-fi dongle...

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobil...b-stick-e3131/

And tell me whether or not after the 30 days are up, that is the end of the contract.

And when do these companies usually charge? I've had this for about 25 days and they haven't charged me yet. Honestly I am just baffled and confused as to whether I need to buy an entirely new one or whether I can just re-new the one I have...

The most confusing thing i've ever bought.

The answer might be obvious but I have no idea.
    You should be able to renew it, maybe go to a store if your so unsure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    You should be able to renew it, maybe go to a store if your so unsure
    Yeah I will. I did some more research last night, didn't find much. The stupid thing is you need a T-Mobile phone number to log into 'My T-Mobile' which allows you to do stuff like re-new a dongle... but you don't get a number when you get a dongle! It makes no sense and there are hardly any answers anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    Yeah I will. I did some more research last night, didn't find much. The stupid thing is you need a T-Mobile phone number to log into 'My T-Mobile' which allows you to do stuff like re-new a dongle... but you don't get a number when you get a dongle! It makes no sense and there are hardly any answers anywhere.
    Then how else does the dongle connect up
    Check with a local store if you can, this include EE

ReputationRep:
    You get a sim card with the dongle, i had this problem ages ago (i gave up and got virgin media, dongle business was driving me mad)
    Put your dongle simcard in an unlocked phone and try it that way. (I think thats how you do it)

ReputationRep:
    Then how else does the dongle connect up
    Check with a local store if you can, this include EE
    You just put it in and it works, there's no real setup or anything.

Ah, i've just looked through some messages and it has renewed automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjj90)
    You just put it in and it works, there's no real setup or anything.

Ah, i've just looked through some messages and it has renewed automatically.
    ok, gonna guess you have to cancel it yourself when you dont need it :/

I'm just thinking there has to be some sort of sim, its probably using the mobile network, how else would it work.

ReputationRep:

I'm just thinking there has to be some sort of sim, its probably using the mobile network, how else would it work.
    Yeah there is a sim, it didn't seem to have a number anywhere. I'm probably wrong about that now I think about it. But as I have an amazing knack of misplacing things i'll likely never know, I cannot find the booklet the dongle came with anywhere.

ReputationRep:

The sim is just for a data connection with no minutes or texts, so I suppose it's a different type which doesn't have a phone number.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.