Is it okay to get a friend to give in your job application? Watch

PC2852
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My friend works at Co-Op, I am applying for a job there, would it be fine to give my friend my application to give to someone or would it be better if I just did it myself? Or wouldn't it make a difference?
placenta medicae talpae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd do it yourself: you want to be assertive like that, and also you may meet someone who will have a hand in judging your application, as it may be a good opportunity to build a positive impression
PeaceTreaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think it would be a lot better if you did. The employer there probably would think you have a lack of confidence.
SophieGloria
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definitely go in yourself!
In retail, an employer wants to hire someone who is confident and asking a friend to give in an application does not portray that. I think people sometimes underestimate the importance of creating a good first impression when handing in a CV or application - I've thrown them away immediately if the person did not give off a good enough 'vibe.'
Maybe it would be a better idea to ask your friend to recommend you after the application has been handed in.
ohhello92x
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hand in the application yourself, like everyone said, if you hand it in yourself, it'll create a good impression and in retail people are looking for someone who is confident
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (153)
21.52%
The paper was reasonable (342)
48.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (135)
18.99%
It was TERRIBLE (81)
11.39%

Watched Threads