The Student Room Group

Hot/cold?

Would you rather live in a hot or a cold country, and what would be one country (only ONE) where you would choose to live your whole life?
Personally, I'd rather live in a hot country by a mile. :tongue:
I don't want to get depressed :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Probably a hot country.
Definitely hot, I hate being cold :colonhash: I'd choose Australia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Lucy96
Definitely hot, I hate being cold :colonhash: I'd choose Australia.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great choice :wink:
But, don't choose Canberra, it snows there.
Australia gets just as cold as here...

I wouldn't choose a place to live based on temperature.
Here in the UK it is cold, and we wrap up warm, wear thicker clothes and turn on the heating in our homes. If I lived somewhere warmer, I'd be investing in air conditioning.. we'd always be wanting the opposite effect no matter where we lived.
Reply 6
Tough choice. I grew up in a hot country, and although it might be nice on holiday having to live with it is another thing altogether. I can tell you that having to wear a blazer in 30 degree heat is horrid. I don't think Britain is that cold a country tbh, in my opinion it rarely gets very cold here and the weather is rather mild. The country is just constantly wet, grey and miserable which can be depressing. If the British summer time was a bit warmer (like the previous summer), had less rain and more sunshine I'd be rather happy with the climate.
Reply 7
hot country like botswana
i just wanna live somewhere where it's autumn weather all year round is that so hard :redface:
Hot.

If it's hot, you can always just wear less clothes, and eat ice cream/drink water.

In cold countries, there's ice which is slippery. If it snows/rains (rain isn't as much of a problem in a hot country) that makes you feel uncomfortable. You have to wear more clothes which can be uncomfortable. Wearing more clothes can help but doesn't completely solve the problem, you still feel cold, especially exposed places such as face. You get colds/sick more easily due to the cold.

And in general you and people around you are more miserable when it's cold.
Hot :smile:
New Zealand looks nice...
Or failing that maybe a bit of Cali. I'd have to stay somewhere English speaking.
Neither hot nor cold- moderate weather does it for me. As for the country that is a tough one, maybe Italy or France.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Swanbow
Tough choice. I grew up in a hot country, and although it might be nice on holiday having to live with it is another thing altogether. I can tell you that having to wear a blazer in 30 degree heat is horrid. I don't think Britain is that cold a country tbh, in my opinion it rarely gets very cold here and the weather is rather mild. The country is just constantly wet, grey and miserable which can be depressing. If the British summer time was a bit warmer (like the previous summer), had less rain and more sunshine I'd be rather happy with the climate.

I agree :h: - It's not that I find Britain cold (I've been in colder places), but it is the constain rain which creates this dirtiness, mud; the lack of sunlight caused by grey sky is what creates this depressing atmosphere. Yes, and if British summer lasted for about 3 seasons (2 at min) rather than a week. :wink:
Reply 13
Cold (moving next year to one so no worries :tongue:)

Live in U.A.E, Bleh! Awful climate.
Original post by SoftPunch
Would you rather live in a hot or a cold country, and what would be one country (only ONE) where you would choose to live your whole life?

Both, I'd just pick the US. Live in Arizona/Cali for the hot weather, go to Alaska & do some salmon fishing in the cold :cool:.

I haven't broken any rules :smile:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Cold
Reply 16
Hot, preferably California weather, Santa Clara County
Reply 17
Cold. Without a doubt
Reply 18
Definitely cold!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest