The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Children's nursing and social work degree 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I have interviews for both joint degrees next week. Very excited. Good luck everyone xx
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by laura1105
I have my interview for the joint degree next week? Any advice/tips? Did you have to do a small presentation?

Hi Laura, did you have your interview on Monday 25th Feb? I had mine then and there was a Laura in our group.
Reply 22
Original post by Pinker00
Hi I have interviews for both joint degrees next week. Very excited. Good luck everyone xx

Hi everyone,
I have been offered a place on the learning disabilities combined course with social work.
I have also a place on the social work single award course too at edge hill. I was wondering if anyone has been accepted and how they will be deciding?
Reply 23
Hi Megan..congrats on your offers. I have also been offered a place on the LD and SW combined and childrens and social work combined aa well as the LD on its own and I still have child nursing interview to go yet...decisions decisions ha ha xxx
Original post by Megan_w_88
Hi everyone,
I have been offered a place on the learning disabilities combined course with social work.
I have also a place on the social work single award course too at edge hill. I was wondering if anyone has been accepted and how they will be deciding?
Reply 24
Hi Megan..congrats on your offers. I have also been offered a place on the LD and SW combined and childrens and social work combined aa well as the LD on its own and I still have child nursing interview to go yet...decisions decisions ha ha xxx

Original post by Megan_w_88
Hi everyone,

Hi guys, I had my interview on Feb 1st but had to reschedule due to health reasons, I now have a new interview date set but an RIDICULOUSLY nervous about the presentation and am finding it difficult to memorize what it is I am trying to say, do you have any tips or did you use anything to aid your presentation rather than just talking non stop for 5 minutes?
Any advice would be majorly appreciated
Thanks x
Reply 25
Hi it was very laid back so dont worry and the interviewers were very nice. I just said what i had researched and gave my interpretation of professional. Good luck x OTE=charl96;46695303]Hi guys, I had my interview on Feb 1st but had to reschedule due to health reasons, I now have a new interview date set but an RIDICULOUSLY nervous about the presentation and am finding it difficult to memorize what it is I am trying to say, do you have any tips or did you use anything to aid your presentation rather than just talking non stop for 5 minutes?
Any advice would be majorly appreciated
Thanks x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 26
Hi all,
I can't decide what course to do. The combined course is 5 days a week were as the social work is only 3 days a week so have time to work to gain extra cash but at the same time I really enjoy working with people with learning disabilities. How will everyone be deciding? Does anyone know if we do general nursing in the first year or what happens?
Good luck everyone with interviews. I have done all my 5. Thank god!
Reply 27
Hi Megan you have done really well to get on the combined course and I imagine qualifying as a nursing social worker will present you with more job opportunities. Social work jobs can be difficult to secure following qualification. My friend got her degree and a masters and has been doing agency work for the last 2 years since qualifying.
Reply 28
Hi Megan you have done really well to get on the combined course and I imagine qualifying as a nursing social worker will present you with more job opportunities. Social work jobs can be difficult to secure following qualification. My friend got her degree and a masters and has been doing agency work for the last 2 years since qualifying.

Hi,
What are you doing?
It's not just the fact that I will have a lot of work to get there it's also I don't want to do the nursing bit tbh. I enjoy working with people with learning disabilities but would prefer to just miss out the general nursing.
I have to hurry up and decide though to sort my finance situation out .
My issues are:-
1- if I'm putting my self under so much pressure doing two courses in one.
2- The general nursing side
I have been accepted on the edge hill social work on it's own so I have the option to just do social work. I don't know I'm very indecisive can you tell ?
Reply 29
If you dont fancy the nursing bit then just do the social work. Its not worth taking the chance of starting and you dont like it. You cant switch to one or the other on the combined if you find its not for you x dont think your being indecisive as its important that you make the best choice for yourself. Im doing childrens nursing and social work x good luck.
Hey

Im applying for CN & SW and LD & SW

I am late applying as i am in my final year of uni now

What happens in the interview what do they ask??

Please Help

x
Reply 31
The interview is very relaxed and the interviewers are really nice. Theres no trick questions just why you want to do it etc x just be yourself and try and convey how passionate you are about your work and how important doing the course is to you xx have you put your application in yet x
Reply 32
Hi have you had ur interview yet?
Nope i have only just applied yesterday i rang them and they said there are places left so i applied i am just waiting for a reference off m uni lecturer then it can be posted.

But i have enough ucas points and experience and another degree hopefully ill get an interview soon. x
Reply 34
Good luck Sophie x Whats ur other degree in x
Thanks Erm Education (Childhood and Youth) At Liverpool Hope x
Reply 36
Hi all,
Good luck to everyone. I've been given a place for September just got to decide which course I want.
Hope your interviews went well. Has anyone received offers yet?
Xx
Reply 37
Hi Charl, have u had ur interview yet x
Reply 38
Hi Charl, have u had ur interview yet x

I was meant to be getting interviewed for this course but received a call today apologising as it won't be going ahead this year!
Reply 39
For the childrens nursing and social work? I already have an offer of a place and have not received any notifications otherwise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending