The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Children's nursing and social work degree 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yes I was due to be interviewed on Saturday and received a call informing me that it's no longer running this September. I was then offered interviews for either social work or children's nursing for this September instead. I was told it may run next year??? Really disappointed about this. I'm surprised no one has contacted you.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 41
Strange, I spoke to someone at edge hill yesterday and they have sent me my clearance checks this week...mmmm
Reply 42
Very strange! I will be contacting them in the morning to see what's going on. I wasn't able to speak very long as I was nearing the end of my break in work. He definitely said it was cancelled and was something that had just been decided hence them only contacting me today! He was very apologetic. But hearing that they're only just doing your checks does sound strange!
Reply 43
Hi did I contact edge hill this morning? I rang admissions and asked, the lady I spoke to said that she didnt know and that someone would contact me if it was decided to withdraw the course...mmm im feeling a little anxious ha ha x
Reply 44
Hi I rang edge hill again this afternoon and a man told me the course was still on....ive just seen on the course info that it has been suspended and so has my back up choice....gutted and not amused at finding out that way...to say the least!!!
Reply 45
Original post by Pinker00
Hi I rang edge hill again this afternoon and a man told me the course was still on....ive just seen on the course info that it has been suspended and so has my back up choice....gutted and not amused at finding out that way...to say the least!!!

Maybe there just accepted the people who have offers x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Hi I rang them just before they closed before. The guy who answered said he needed to take my details and get back to me about this. I received a call ten minutes later to be told it definitely won't be running this year, neither will the other dual course which I then enquired about. I said I was unsure what to do wether to wait till next year or just go ahead and do something else this September. He said there's no guarantees the course will run next year and I could be in the same position again. Like you I'm really disappointed, also sorry you had to find out from my reply, I presumed you would have been informed before me. However the guy said it was only just yesterday afternoon it had been decided, maybe they haven't informed all staff yet hence them saying it was still running.
Reply 47
Il have to ring again tomoz. I had both combined courses for my first and second choice and have declined my other offers...im hoping they will offer me something else...or im stuffed!
Reply 48
Il have to ring again tomoz. I had both combined courses for my first and second choice and have declined my other offers...im hoping they will offer me something else...or im stuffed!

What were your other choices if ring them and ask then will they reconsider your application for the others you had offers for explain the situation x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Childrens nursing and learning disabilities nursing x il see what they say tomorrow x
Reply 50
Childrens nursing and learning disabilities nursing x il see what they say tomorrow x

They should offer your children's nursing place back to you then x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
I'm sure in these circumstances they'll offer you a place on the nursing course or social work. They offered me an interview on either one to compensate. They said there are places left for September. Don't worry I'm sure you'll be given priority. Good luck hope it works out whatever you end up choosing in September.
Reply 52
Original post by Sparkle14
I'm sure in these circumstances they'll offer you a place on the nursing course or social work. They offered me an interview on either one to compensate. They said there are places left for September. Don't worry I'm sure you'll be given priority. Good luck hope it works out whatever you end up choosing in September.

Places for September ?? I applied for September had my interview in November and still waiting to hear there decision :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
What have you decided sparkle x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by mellybee
Places for September ?? I applied for September had my interview in November and still waiting to hear there decision :O x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no that must be extremely frustrating for you. Hope you hear back soon as they say no news is good news, although your probably sick of hearing that old saying now! I'm not sure what to do yet but feeling a little more inclined towards the nursing degree. I'm hoping that the university still gets some extra funded places from the NHS to compensate for the now cancelled nurse/ social work degree places. I've heard the nursing degree is extremely competitive. If I get on I'm sure I'll see you in September, you will really deserve that place after all that waiting.
Reply 55
Original post by Sparkle14
Oh no that must be extremely frustrating for you. Hope you hear back soon as they say no news is good news, although your probably sick of hearing that old saying now! I'm not sure what to do yet but feeling a little more inclined towards the nursing degree. I'm hoping that the university still gets some extra funded places from the NHS to compensate for the now cancelled nurse/ social work degree places. I've heard the nursing degree is extremely competitive. If I get on I'm sure I'll see you in September, you will really deserve that place after all that waiting.

It is competitive but don't let that put you off !!! If it's something your interested in go for it !!! And INo they probably will do to be honest as those eight extra places may count towards it .... Am really scared because people have offers already just feel it's a no :frown: I really thought my interview went really good !!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending