Predicted Grades Watch

SirVeillance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been predicted BBB in Maths, Chemistry and Physics respectively but I'm applying to one university that asks for AAB. I do have my heart set on it, but I'm gutted because I think it's unrealistic. Both my Maths and Chemistry teachers think I will get an A, but they wanted to predict me a B to be safe (which I was again a bit upset about.) They have both written in my reference that I have potential to get A grades and end up with AAB.
How likely do you all think I am to get an AAB offer? :confused:
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SirVeillance)
I've been predicted BBB in Maths, Chemistry and Physics respectively but I'm applying to one university that asks for AAB. I do have my heart set on it, but I'm gutted because I think it's unrealistic. Both my Maths and Chemistry teachers think I will get an A, but they wanted to predict me a B to be safe (which I was again a bit upset about.) They have both written in my reference that I have potential to get A grades and end up with AAB.
How likely do you all think I am to get an AAB offer? :confused:
There was no need for the respectively in your first sentence >.<, however I'd still go ahead and apply. Depending on your AS results the universities would probably make a contextualized decision based on the fact that you've applied with the potential to achieve the desired grades.
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
There was no need for the respectively in your first sentence >.<
There's no need to be pedantic.

@OP what are your AS grades?
ActusReus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There was no need for the respectively in your first sentence >.<, however I'd still go ahead and apply. Depending on your AS results the universities would probably make a contextualized decision based on the fact that you've applied with the potential to achieve the desired grades.
Telling him not to use the word 'respectively' is rich coming from someone who did the exact same thing in their own thread. Also don't be a condescending ********.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mike_123)

I know, it's just my obsessiveness to detail. I found it rather awkward given the content of the sentence.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ActusReus)
Telling him not to use the word 'respectively' is rich coming from someone who did the exact same thing in their own thread. Also don't be a condescending ********.
I was specifying individual subject grades as they were different, whereas in this case they are all the same. I'm not going to argue, my apologies for any inconvenience caused.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ActusReus)
You seem to be on some high horse since you achieved AAB at AS. I wouldn't look down on people when there are people who can do the same to you. Just a bit of advice.

I haven't looked down on anyone, I simply gave subjective advice as to what the OP should consider doing.
ActusReus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I haven't looked down on anyone, I simply gave subjective advice as to what the OP should consider doing.
fair enough
SirVeillance
Rep:
?
Thanks for your help, but there's no need to be annoying when it comes to what words to use..

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for your help, but there's no need to be annoying when it comes to what words to use..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do apologise.
SirVeillance
Rep:
?

I got BBCC at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
SirVeillance
Rep:
?
I didn't mean for this thread to become a huge online battle due to my bad choice of words.
Anyone who can answer the original question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hicko
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You might as well apply mate I applied for a course standard offer AAA got predicted ABB and got an offer for ABB
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got BBCC at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recommend emailing the university with your grades and ask if they would consider your application without the backing of the required predicted grades. Different universities have different approaches regarding the selection process. Determining factors include the competitiveness of your chosen course i.e amount of applicants.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I recommend emailing the university with your grades and ask if they would consider your application without the backing of the required predicted grades. Different universities have different approaches regarding the selection process. Determining factors include the competitiveness of your chosen course i.e *amount of applicants.
*Number.
tssf_skye
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you should just go ahead and apply. It's only one choice out of 5, after all. My friend achieved ABB at AS and has applied to one AAA, one AAA-ABB, one AAB and two BBB universities with predicted grades ABB. She also got an offer last week, although it was for AAB So you might as well try if you really like the university
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
*Number.
Silly me, I should go to prison for that. Would you like to press charges as you seem to hav sufficent evidence to support the case, I will admit to everything.
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Silly me, I should go to prison for that. Would you like to press charges as you seem to hav sufficent evidence to support the case, I will admit to everything.
No. Just accept the caution.
Mike_123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got BBCC at AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you can push for higher predicted grades. If unsuccessful, get your parents involved.
SirVeillance
Rep:
?
I think you can push for higher predicted grades. If unsuccessful, get your parents involved.
Believe me, I've said to my tutors if they would consider changing them and they said no, even though they think I will 'get my A's' in Maths and Chemistry. I was pretty angry, but I've decided just to leave it. They have both put in the reference itself that I 'have to potential to get As' in the subjects. But yeah, pretty gutted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed