Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When me and my girlfriend first started talking, we were both still talking/flirting to other guys/girls..

Me and this girl were flirting and she started getting sexual and, being single and 17, I went along with it. She was asking me if I was talking to any girls and I said I was, and she was saying stuff like "i bet *my girlfriend* hasn't turned you on like this before has she? " and i was saying "nope "..
    Basically we were sexting and i was giving this girl the impression I wasn't attracted/turned on by my future girlfriend (who at this point I hadn't even met), when really I was just horny.

I eventually decided to meet the girl that is now my girlfriend and knew I liked her straight away, so stopped any kind of flirting with all the other girls and basically told the girl I was sexting before that I wasn't interested and wasn't going to do that anymore and if she could back off. About 2-3 weeks later me and my girlfriend (now together 8 months) started going out.

I don't think I really did anything wrong since I was single and had never even met my girlfriend, let alone be in a relationship with her (I didn't know i liked her yet, but she had said she liked me), but for some reason it kind of gets to me because my girlfriend means so much to me now and I can't imagine saying something like that now.

do you guys think I should tell my girlfriend about this? I'm pretty sure she was still flirting with other guys before we met (I know she didn't after) but it's just the mentioning of her and saying she hadn't turned me on that I feel guilty over.. but should I?)

Thanks in advance, could really do with some advice

edit: to clarify, all of the sexting etc. stopped when I actually met up with my girlfriend, so way before we were together, and since we have been together i've been completely honest and faithful to her

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you sexted a girl if you want. I don't see why you feel so bad about it though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmorgan95)
    When me and my girlfriend first started talking, we were both still talking/flirting to other guys/girls..

Me and this girl were flirting and she started getting sexual and, being single and 17, I went along with it. She was asking me if I was talking to any girls and I said I was, and she was saying stuff like "i bet *my girlfriend* hasn't turned you on like this before has she? " and i was saying "nope "..
    Basically we were sexting and i was giving this girl the impression I wasn't attracted/turned on by my future girlfriend (who at this point I hadn't even met), when really I was just horny.

I eventually decided to meet the girl that is now my girlfriend and knew I liked her straight away, so stopped any kind of flirting with all the other girls and basically told the girl I was sexting before that I wasn't interested and wasn't going to do that anymore and if she could back off. About 2-3 weeks later me and my girlfriend (now together 8 months) started going out.

I don't think I really did anything wrong since I was single and had never even met my girlfriend, let alone be in a relationship with her (I didn't know i liked her yet, but she had said she liked me), but for some reason it kind of gets to me because my girlfriend means so much to me now and I can't imagine saying something like that now.

do you guys think I should tell my girlfriend about this? I'm pretty sure she was still flirting with other guys before we met (I know she didn't after) but it's just the mentioning of her and saying she hadn't turned me on that I feel guilty over.. but should I?)

Thanks in advance, could really do with some advice

edit: to clarify, all of the sexting etc. stopped when I actually met up with my girlfriend, so way before we were together, and since we have been together i've been completely honest and faithful to her
    I say no, you don't have to tell her anything. It was before you started going out so it doesn't matter at all. You should stop beating yourself over it. It's nothing, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    Tell her you sexted a girl if you want. I don't see why you feel so bad about it though...
    I don't really know either, that's why i'm asking. It's more to do with the fact that I knew she liked me and sort of had vague feelings for her too (as much as you can without meeting a person?) but was saying stuff like she doesn't turn me on etc. to another girl purely because I was horny.

I guess when I look at the facts, I was single and didn't know who I wanted so I had every right to talk to different people?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you never did nothing wrong. Once you got into the relationship it stopped snm in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Don't even understand why this is bothering you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You were not together so you didn't do anything wrong.

Telling her that will just hurt her so I recommend that you dont. You didn't cheat or betray her in any way so she doesn't need to know about anything that happened before your relationship.

The fact that you would never imagine saying that to another girl and are now in an honest/faithful relationship together is what matters

ReputationRep:
    If it's before your relationship, then that's your past and there's really nothing to come clean about since this all happened when she wasn't in the picture.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of God, definitely don't tell her. It will certainly just hurt and not really make any difference to the way you feel about her now, which is what matters.

ReputationRep:
    I've always flirted because I think it's harmless, even when I've been in a relationship. It's just a bit of fun and if your girlfriend is insecure enough to flip over it then she needs to get over herself, imo.

In your situation, there is even less wrong :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You weren't together at the time, so you didn't betray her (you wouldn't have been betraying her if you were seeing this girl casually and sleeping with her...). There's no real need to tell her, and her knowing won't help in any way.

It was harmless flirting and you stopped as soon as you started going out. There's really nothing at all to feel guilty about - chill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damsel in distress)
    I say no, you don't have to tell her anything. It was before you started going out so it doesn't matter at all. You should stop beating yourself over it. It's nothing, really.
    This, OP. Try to just forget about it

ReputationRep:
    It all happened before you were with her, so you have no reason to tell her or to feel guilty about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.