Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to study Graphic Design or a Graphic based course. I came across Graphic & Communication Design at Leeds Uni and it seemed really good, I love the fact that it has a strong focus on academia which is a healthy twist on the subject, I love the fact that you can tailor the course to yourself and I love the opportunity of a sandwich year! But I was wondering if there are any students out there that have taken/are taking this course? I'd love to know the standard of teaching/facilities/work produced? Also, does anyone else know any good Graphic Design courses? At the minute I have Leeds, Leeds Met, NTU and DeMontfort... I want to study in a large city in the UK! Any help would be very much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I also looked at Leeds University but wanted something a bit more hands on, I have a couple of friends who have taken the course there and find the amount of essays and academic learning they do outweighs the amount of time they get to actually work in their graphics. I am on the BA (hons) Graphic Design at Leeds College of Art and honestly love it! It means you get the experience of being in a big city like you wanted but has the benefit of a small and focussed art college. Plus you sounded like the you liked the idea of it being academic based and since we're an honours course you still have academic studies and write a dissertation in 3rd year which means it's also academically recognised. Some of the other universities I looked at for Graphic design were Falmouth, Nottingham Trent, Manchester School of Art and Goldsmiths London. Hope this helps! xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2013

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.