Turn on thread page Beta

windows 8.1- when i thought it couldnt get worse watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just updated my fairly new laptop to windows 8.1 and straight away found a MASSIVE problem, the the double tap with two fingers no longer acts as right click (nothing happens), i have to actually 'press' the touchpad with two fingers
    is there any solution (preferably) without 3rd party software

And how on earth do i remove my live account from my laptop, the update made my link my live account to it

why oh why windows 8... one of the worse decisions ive made in life, which includes getting stripping naked at a party

and now i have just had a popup appear which is a tip saying i can swipe to switch apps, how on earth do i get rid of this tip which just blocks the left side of my screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    I just updated my fairly new laptop to windows 8.1 and straight away found a MASSIVE problem, the the double tap with two fingers no longer acts as right click (nothing happens), i have to actually 'press' the touchpad with two fingers
    is there any solution (preferably) without 3rd party software
    You most likely just need to update the driver for your touchpad. (Though whether or not a driver update exists depends on which laptop you have).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    You most likely just need to update the driver for your touchpad. (Though whether or not a driver update exists depends on which laptop you have).
    just performed an update and it has had no effect

ReputationRep:
    Go to the laptop's manufacture website, and download all appropriate drivers. Software is required so it can read inputs from the installed hardware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdampskiB)
    Go to the laptop's manufacture website, and download all appropriate drivers. Software is required so it can read inputs from the installed hardware.
    i tried doing that, ended up making it worse, ive restored my system back to windows 8.0 and will not be updating to 8.1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    i tried doing that, ended up making it worse, ive restored my system back to windows 8.0 and will not be updating to 8.1
    Many of my friends have had a lot of issues with 8.1, including me. Many seem to have issues with the wireless predominately. For me, it was connecting to enterprise networks and 8.1 was unable to recognise 8 devices in device manager, whereas 8 had no problems. They seem to be quite slow on resolving these driver issues...

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.